No announcement yet.

Very Sad News Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donna, you're whole PT "family" is looking forward to seeing you in June and enveloping you in a huge "I love you" hug!!!! And please wear Mike's PT hat, cause every time I think of him I see him in that hat!
    Last edited by elcaminogirl59; January 18, 2015, 06:24 PM.
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Yes, we are glad to hear you will be there too!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

rip rocketman, love you man
        HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

We look forward to seeing you in June as well! Call us if you need anything Donna!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I've been on Facebook and sent every prayer I could all week, since I've been traveling across country and didn't have my computer up until today.. But nothing will ever take the place of Mike.. I too met you both through Power Tour and BangShift and have enjoyed being part of THE family..So this is my first chance to tell you,Donna, and your family, just how wonderful a man you had there. Just look at what everyone has written.. He was truly an awesome person. Now your hard part comes Donna, where you have to fight the battle of missing him. No one will ever feel as much pain as you will but know that EVERYONE will be there to help you through this. We will continue to call,write and just make you know we are all here for you and your family. I know I live pretty far away, but that won't stop me from helping you to get through one tough day..You have my number because Mike would call me every year to see if I wanted any rooms, so damn thoughtful..So call ANYTIME and I'll sit there with you sharing your thoughts and your tears..I'll think of you both every day and shed one more tear but know it's for a damn good cause.. With much love and prayers for you and your family.. RIP my great friend..
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

OK Y'all, is this some kind of conspiracy that Bang Shift is doing to take over the radio air waves and I just missed the blog post.
              I have heard Elton John's "Rocketman" at least 12 times in the past week.
              Last edited by papasmurf587; January 19, 2015, 07:15 PM.
              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I had not had a chance to post this here in the forum, I heard from a few others on Facebook when I read the post on the BS facebook.

Sad to say my heart sank. Can't say I knew Mike and Donna close like some others but when we ran into them, Mel and myself, just good people.

Anyways, hopefully this brings a few smiles:
                I remember meeting on 2010 pt and they were a great couple, so sorry at your lose Donna.
                Fun story, Powertour 2011 infield of Indy 500 track we’re sitting there waiting to get out, Mike and Donna in the Red Cutlass. Buddy in his black TA is on fumes at this point. Mike and Buddy come up with a grand plan “let’s yank my fuel line off the old’s carb, into a small gas can…so I’m sitting there and we’re drinking a few cans of pop, and cranking the old’s over filling a gas can…got Buddy enough gas to get around the Indy track and to the gas station. Total Rube-Goldberg way to fill a gas can but hey it worked.
                God speed man. You’ll be missed and I’ll make sure I crack a drink in remembrance on tour this year at each stop for ya.

A few shots...

And a small video clip of all of us running around Indy...hope it's OK to post, just brings back good memories.

Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                  Thank you all for your support and wonderful words, thank you to those of you who came with your much needed hugs, thanks to those of you who sent cards and donations. I can't express how much it all has meant to me. Mike was my best friend and life is going to be so very hard without him. We will be sending a donation to ALS in Mikes name. I know he valued you all as great friends. He loved the BangShift family and the friends we have made. I know he loves the way you have all helped to take care of me and help me to get thru this. His funeral was today and I am still overwhelmed by all the support my family and I received. We did send a BS sticker to heaven with him. Thank you so much from Donna, Keyla, Brent, Kara, Ian, Emily, Kyle, Colby and Peyton.
                  Dear Donna - What a wonderful tribute. I met Blake and Anna in 2013, and would love to make a donation to ALS in Mike's name also. The cause is near and dear to my heart also, and why I do Power Tour myself. I'm so proud you'll be going on Power Tour and look forward to seeing you and meeting the family.

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Here are some pictures I took at PT 2010, 2011 & 2013..... Click image for larger version

Name:	20130531_130334a.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1001543 Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0014a.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	1001544 Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0017a.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	1001545 Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0059a.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	1001546 Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0024a.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	469.8 KB
ID:	1001547

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                      1966 Plymouth Fury III
                      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• As I was jumping on I-96 to head home last Thursday night, "Life is a Highway" came on the radio. I think it was a sign from our friend.

I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Last edited by 70chevyC-10; January 22, 2015, 07:37 AM.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Thanks for the pictures Phil, Mike is always behind the camera and we didn't have many pictures with him in them.
                              Donna
                              Williamston, MI
                              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• I just read this thread. I am so sorry to hear this. You guys made Woodward 2012 very special and I appreciatd the ride. Mike will be missed by all.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X