No announcement yet.

Veteran's visit during Power Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There still is an option if you wanted to do it at a VA hospital there is a the large one north of Chicago part of Great Lakes Navel base too, but it is about 2 hours from the venue in madison.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

There is also VFW post 1318 only about a block away from the Alliant Center in Madison. Its a little smaller then the 8483 post but closer. There is also the Ollin Park just across the road too. Would have to check with them both but might be options.

Comment

I am also have a friend checking with the VA grounds dept.

Comment

Thanks for the help! Let us know what you find out.
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Unfortunately I will not be going on the tour this year. Since I see it has not been brought up, I am hoping some one will step up and organize a show this year. I don't know if there is a Vets home/hospital in Madison or not. Please don't let this die, in the past it has been great and the older Vets in the homes have loved it. If someone steps up and is willing to organize it I will help as much I can.
            Ron Reidell
            56 F100
            2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

• elcaminogirl59
              elcaminogirl59 commented
              Editing a comment
              There actually is a thread already started, called "Veteran's Visit ......". So far nothing definite has been decided.

• corvettedad
              corvettedad commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by rocco3750 View Post
              Unfortunately I will not be going on the tour this year. Since I see it has not been brought up, I am hoping some one will step up and organize a show this year. I don't know if there is a Vets home/hospital in Madison or not. Please don't let this die, in the past it has been great and the older Vets in the homes have loved it. If someone steps up and is willing to organize it I will help as much I can.
              Sorry you won't be making the trip this year.

Bump
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Hey Ron, gone to miss you Big Guy maybe something will change that allows you to make it.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

bump

Comment

I sent an e-mail to the Public Affairs person at the hospital in Madison since the lady that answered the phone said he was off today. We'll see what he says or where he refers me to.
                  Looks like all the actual Vets Homes are over 100 miles from Madison so we'll look into the VA Hospital as we did in Arlington and Detroit.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Crusin The Coast does a event at the va home in gulf port....just a thought.
                    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
                      Crusin The Coast does a event at the va home in gulf port....just a thought.
                      Sorta discussed that with a couple folks and the 300 mile drive - getting to the venue - and then all trying to be there at the same time for a couple hours might be tough. That's why the Friday before the start seems to work best when there is only picking up your credentials on the schedule if desired. Maybe just a pull in and "drive-by" on the way in or out might work though. Any suggestions are still open for sure.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        I sent an e-mail to the Public Affairs person at the hospital in Madison since the lady that answered the phone said he was off today. We'll see what he says or where he refers me to.
                        Looks like all the actual Vets Homes are over 100 miles from Madison so we'll look into the VA Hospital as we did in Arlington and Detroit.
                        Having zero luck getting this guy to call me back - I sent a couple e-mail's with a brief explanation and pics also.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Having zero luck getting this guy to call me back - I sent a couple e-mail's with a brief explanation and pics also.
                          Maybe try the local VFW's and see if they can help? I exchanged Facebook messages with someone from the VFW posted earlier in this thread and they seemed open to helping out.
                          Last edited by mrfred8; March 11, 2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Most of the VFW's have Friday Night Fish Fry's Open to the public. Maybe we should all just chose one of the local VFW's there in Madison, (there are 3) and attend the fish fry and have a mini little cruise night.

The VFW by the airport has a large grassy area next to it so if parking becomes and issue they might be able to park cars on the grass.

The other 2 VFW's have good size lots but no where to overflow.

However one is also located right down the street from the venue.

Maybe they can let the committee and the local veterans in the area know that we are bringing some cars too so that local vets can attend that might not usually attend the fish fry?.

The money from the fish fry will help the veterans at that VFW, my only worry is that we are excluding the other 2 VFW's in the area, and want to support those veterans that are part of that those too.

Any thoughts?
                            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

I like the idea of the VFW next to airport, lets make a decision and let them know so they can advertize it and maybe more people will attend and they make more money. What say y'all?
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                              X