X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it one step!

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post

I'm working on Ed ... are you both using the same PC ?
      We have used two different computers trying to find a good path.....evidently you found the glitch Steve, thanks!
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There is something called "Subscriptions" that I have not figured out yet, that does that.
        If you subscribe to a thread, you get e-mail notices when someone posts on that thread. You mean I actually knew something about this site that you didn't??!!
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I think I got temporarily banned 'cause nothing I did worked until I bent the ear of the eastern man. Seriously, deleted cookies, logged out, tried to log back in, restarted the computer, try to log in again, none of that worked.

SO glad to be allowed back in the playroom.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

There is something called "Subscriptions" that I have not figured out yet, that does that.
            Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
            If you subscribe to a thread, you get e-mail notices when someone posts on that thread. You mean I actually knew something about this site that you didn't??!!
            That depends Terri ... I know what it is called, I know what it does and I know that you can Subscribe to a thread or Subscribe to another member. What I have not figured out is how to actually use it correctly. If you can explain to us how to Subscribe to a thread, establish the settings and to unsubscribe when you are done .... then yes, you did know something about the site that I didn't.

Over to you for the explanation ....

Comment

Click on your username (top right corner), click on "user settings" (drop-down menu) then on the new screen, open "notifications", it gives you options to automatically subscribe to threads you post on regularly. Also whether or not to get e-mail notifications and how often. To unsubscribe, go to your User Profile, click on "subscriptions" and it shows a list of all the threads you have subscribed to, if you hover mouse arrow over the "subscribed" button (it's red) and click it, you're unsubscribed.
              If you subscribe to another member, it notifies you if they make a change to their profile, etc. (At least it did before the update, I haven't tried that one since I got back on the site. Actually, I haven't tried subscribing to anything since I got back on here!)

That's how I've always used it. It automatically sends e-mail notifications to you if anybody posts on a thread you're subscribed to, and also shows you what they posted. Can be handy if you're waiting for someone to answer you: just check e-mail (which most people do several times a day) and don't have to go to Bangshift solely to check for a post.

Beyond that, IDK!!!!! Probably you already knew all this, anyway!
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

let's see where i'm at ...
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                  To unsubscribe, go to your User Profile, click on "subscriptions" and it shows a list of all the threads you have subscribed to, if you hover mouse arrow over the "subscribed" button (it's red) and click it, you're unsubscribed.
                  Ding !
                  This I didn't know ... because my iPad doesn't have a mouse to hover with. Will have to experiment some more, thanks.
                  Oh, and you win a special surprise to ...

Comment

Oh boy!! Me likey surprises!! Actually, I'm thrilled that I knew something you didn't!

Comment

Fun With User Titles
                      Something I came up with that we could do for fun and to help alleviate our mundane existence on this planet ... is for all our long-term, active members who have attained post counts of 20,000 or more, to select their own "User Title", which is currently set at; "No Life Outside BangShift.com". Also, if you joined in the CarJunkie days (prior to 2009) you qualify for the fun too.

So, post up here or send me a PM of what you want and I'll make it happen. For those of you that have not wasted enough time on the forum, here are your targets;

FNG 0-9
                      Drives an Automatic 10-49
                      Tire Chirper 50-99
                      BangShifter 100-199
                      Hero BangShifter 200-399
                      Superhero BangShifter 400-3,499
                      Legendary BangShifter 3,500-9,999
                      Lord God King BangShifter 10,000-14,999
                      No Life Outside BangShift.com 15,000-19,999
                      "User Selected" Title 20,000 +

Comment

Bangshift Heavyweight
                        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

After checking the Member List, there were less people over 20k posts than I thought, so I've amended the qualification to include members that joined in the "CarJunkieTV.com" days (prior to 2009) !

Comment

~ D a r n ~ guess I shouldn't have taken almost 2 months off... I'd be at least ... oh never mind. I've got a Long way to go
                            Last edited by Redline04; November 25, 2018, 09:43 PM.
                            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Working...
                            X