What's going on with Biloxi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with Biloxi?

Lots of "I heard this" or "my source says" in the FB group... anyone have anything concrete they've heard? I haven't reserved a room yet, and won't till I know what's going on..
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

FaceBook is the DEVIL !!
    This is all I've seen ....
    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    anyone know if they changed Biloxi as a stop?..........travelplanners now has that day's stop as TBD.....
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    Some people I know from Biloxi said that it will be announced Wednesday. Guess we'll know then.

Comment

We are staying in Biloxi if the venue is any where in the area. We remember Mobile from 2010.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I live north of Mobile and I hope it doesn't but if it did for heavens sake I hope it's not downtown, didn't work!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Downtown Mobile was a nightmare!
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Downtown anywhere isn't a good idea...
            LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
              Downtown anywhere isn't a good idea...
              agreed.....but, Biloxi and some other sites usually hosts crusin' the coast every year, so they apparently can handle lots of cars.....now......why the delay in announcing that venue......interesting.....if I had to guess, and I have no idea what I'm talking about......the tour had a delay in finalizing a deal with Biloxi, and that's why the travel planners website pulled the city off for now......outside chances.....Orange Beach, Mobile, anywhere south and west of Birmingham and toward Baton Rouge/Gonzales LA
              Last edited by rexdogg; December 16, 2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                Downtown Mobile was a nightmare!
                Oh, I don't know.......we enjoyed our (seemed like) 2 mile hike to and from the truck so we could clock in.......it was only about 105* that day.......
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 16, 2014, 07:24 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  Oh, I don't know.......we enjoyed our (seemed like) 2 mile hike to and from the truck so we could clock in.......it was only about 105* that day.......

yeah......walking forever in oppressive heat, from a parking place that seemed like it was in another state, to check in to the mainstage that you could only see with high powered binoculars.....what fun! rexx!

Comment

I think that a lot of people that were parked a long ways away in Mobile had gotten caught behind the fatal accident along the way. We got rolling at a decent time (unusual for us), were ahead of that & only ended up having to park a couple of blocks away. And even though just about every downtown venue that we have been to has been a pain in the ass, in Mobile we were able to walk several blocks to a nice air conditioned burger bar for lunch. Sometimes I would rather be lucky than good.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      Think it was 2 1/2 miles @ Charleston.....
                      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

No, I believe it was 2 1/2 states!!
                        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

That was one I got lucky on. At first I was a good hike away but my hotel was the one across from the stage so they told me how to get around and I ran into a nice cop that lifted a barricade so I could get thru.
                          Visit my sons blog:
                          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Any news?
                            DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                            DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                            DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                            DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

I've been searching the net and haven't found any info either
                              Danford1
                              Last edited by danford1; December 22, 2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X