Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 powertour prep - what do YOU have planned for your ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

The wife has to have a hip replaced and she might not be up
    to doing the daily stuff when the PT starts ... we will see.. your
    right on the Mi roads.. they SUCK big time.. if I raise it up I'll
    have to move my upper strut mounts to the lower side of the bar
    Man, well family comes first, because if mama ain't happy nobody is happy!

As far as things go though, this is one of the reasons on my Torino I went with 17" steelies and 50 series rubber. I wanted some side wall and comfort on my ride, even if I do have a good set of shocks and police coil springs. The roads around here suck too!
    Last edited by Eliteman76; December 21, 2014, 09:11 PM.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
      I tend to never suggest wheels for another person's car...but man, I so would get some Detroit Steel wheels...like an 18", with a basic center cap, and color match the wheels to that pretty blue on your ride.

We offer all the accessories from baby moons, shannons, cones, large diameter white wall tires and stainless steel beauty rings for 18 and 20 inch wheels.
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Andrew, thanks for the link! Those would look really good! Current wheels are a major improvement over OE ones, got these at the Daytona Turkey Rod Run about 4 years ago, paid $80 for the set. Budget is pretty thin currently, after doing the bodywork and paint, so new wheels will be sometime in the future. Next project is new upholstery, interior is redone except for seat, and some custom pinstriping. Hope to do these in the spring before PT. Maybe we'll get to meet you on PT and you can see that pretty blue paint in person!
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140620_092145c.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	992786

To get rid of this....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

finish up and install the 418 stroker and then possibly add nitrous for some stupid power

Comment

and finish the sound proofing in the doors......

Comment

Replace rear bumper fillers, update a/c and new speakers.
                HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

I have the shell of a 1969 Camaro sitting at a friend's house, the engine at another friends, the interior at my brothers, and the tranny at the shop getting rebuilt. Other than putting it all together, I think we are about there!

I should start a build thread if I had time.

Comment

I keep driving mine...one of the drawbacks to living in a mild climate (funny, right?). Had events I took it to the past couple of weekends and have another one this weekend... hard to yank the trans when I want to keep "doing stuff" with it. I have all the parts, just don't want to pull her apart.
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Change oil, filters, fresh wax. Hopefully that will do it.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 8, 2015, 07:51 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Change oil, filters, fresh wax. Hopefully that will do it.
                        I'm with Ed except all my fluids are already changed. All I have to do is take the cover off and wax Blu. I think the back tires have one more PT in them.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

need to redo rear brakes, install remote oil filter kit, change fluids, etc... but first I have to get a new shop building built, and a few home remodeling projects, and then there's always that other stuff...how many days left??
                          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                          Gregg and Deb Miller
                          Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            I think the back tires have one more PT in them.
                            What about the spark plugs ?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post

What about the spark plugs ?

That was all fixed with the pretty new ported and polished heads!
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                                That was all fixed with the pretty new ported and polished heads!
                                Awesome ... did we get to see pics of said pretty new ported and polished heads ?

Comment

Working...
                                X