Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 powertour prep - what do YOU have planned for your ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Monster View Post

Awesome ... did we get to see pics of said pretty new ported and polished heads ?

Here's a pic of the intake port.

I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

MMMMM tasty. So, no plug spitting this year?
      I hate to admit, after having my mom's 2000 GT Mustang with a 4.6 and 5 speed...I almost want to put the old 351C on a stand, and find a mod motor, Ford racing PCM, and a T56...
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Planing to maybe have a trailer with me this year...packing in the fiero sucks. New hidden hitch behind plate is installed, just need to do the mods to the bumper cover, and get the trailer.

anyone have experience with the Tag-a-long trailer from Harbor Freight?

Hey at least i will have room for some beer that wont get warm sitting next to the engine all day!
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Will equip the Banana Boat with Fast EFI. I believe I'll get a lot better gas mileage and that along with the rebuilt suspension and disc brakes, which were added last year, the car should be a great ride, especially with the TOP DOWN
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

iam thinking about efi also on the fence on the one to use been looking at msd looks the cleanist any info would be great

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
              Planing to maybe have a trailer with me this year...packing in the fiero sucks. New hidden hitch behind plate is installed, just need to do the mods to the bumper cover, and get the trailer.

anyone have experience with the Tag-a-long trailer from Harbor Freight?

Hey at least i will have room for some beer that wont get warm sitting next to the engine all day!
              I fabricated my frame using 1 1/2" square tubing and used a Sears car top carrier. We have used it for several years. I bought a trailer like the Tag-a-Long and used the suspension parts and fenders. If interested in photos, PM me your email address. You can see it behind our convertible in the avatar. Jack

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

I fabricated my frame using 1 1/2" square tubing and used a Sears car top carrier. We have used it for several years. I bought a trailer like the Tag-a-Long and used the suspension parts and fenders. If interested in photos, PM me your email address. You can see it behind our convertible in the avatar. Jack
                Don't have the means to do the welding of a home built one. Was thinking of a HF flat one with a car topper but for the cost a little more than a carrier can get the whole package
                Last edited by GTPilot88; January 24, 2015, 03:34 PM.
                Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post

Don't have the means to do the welding of a home built one. Was thinking of a HF flat one with a car topper but for the cost a little more than a carrier can get the whole package
                  I shopped for a used trailer at the motorcycle dealers, but they were out of my budget and I needed one a little larger. The cost of the trailer and the Sears car top carrier was around $400.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

I shopped for a used trailer at the motorcycle dealers, but they were out of my budget and I needed one a little larger. The cost of the trailer and the Sears car top carrier was around $400.
                    Yea not the same cost of the tag a long. Wish it was a little longer so a canopy would fit, but otherwise should be big enough, usually me by myself

Comment

I'm putting a new TCI street fighter transmission in the Pinto with a balanced flex plate and she should be ready.
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

The '63 Catalina is now Plan A and is waiting patiently in line for my mechanic to take it in and make it all better since all i'm doing is making it worse. However I have been working on Plan B the '13 Challenger and it's makeover from the '13 tour. Changed out the wheel and tire package, removed the stripes, painted the rear spoiler and now just waiting on the carbon fiber vinyl to wrap the hood and then it will get dropped a little. Hopefully the Catalina is something stupid cause if it gets to be too much then it will not make it.
                        Visit my sons blog:
                        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I picked up a set of late model GTO seats for my ride (88 Monte SS). Cool part is these seats are covered to match my interior and already have the custom made mounts to bolt in. My aching back can't wait now! Also on the list is to get the driveline balanced and send the intake manifold out for some machine work so it seals against the heads better.
                          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Scott-
                            I was given a canopy by my Dad, so we'll have one with us on tour. The torino is a *bit* bigger than your Fiero {Damn autocorrect doesn't like your car's name}.

I am registering right now for PT2015!
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Hoping to get cruise control put on the Firebird it is otherwise ready to roll unless someone wants to donate a paintjob :D, Dads Nova has an electric fan, complete fuel system starting at the tank and Holley Terminator system waiting on the shelf in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                                Scott-
                                I was given a canopy by my Dad, so we'll have one with us on tour. The torino is a *bit* bigger than your Fiero {Damn autocorrect doesn't like your car's name}.

I am registering right now for PT2015!
                                Got something else figured out, my club is loaning me one too...change of plans is to get the Flat Harbor Frieght Trailer and get a Sears x-cargo 20 or Sears Sport 20 - SV and put it on the trailer. Those are longer and has more cubic feet than the tag-a-long

Comment

Working...
                                X