Power Tour Info for First Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    Ummmm, most hotels have a coin op laundry room ...
    Bingo, that's what I do pack for a 4 day run and almost no shirts then either Tuesday or Wednesday while we're partaking cold beverages in the hotel parking lot ( which usually last till midnight ) I wash clothes. Been doing it for the 3 of us the last 4 yrs. Works for me.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I'll take Tide pods for laundry as they fit nicely in a zip lock bag. If you are into laundry take a bunch of dryer sheets. Then get lots of quarters for the machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldlar View Post
        I'll take Tide pods for laundry as they fit nicely in a zip lock bag. If you are into laundry take a bunch of dryer sheets. Then get lots of quarters for the machines.
        And for the car washes if the hotel won't let us wash there............many times they will loan us a hose. Somebody usually has a key if the maintenance guy isn't around..........
        Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 20, 2014, 08:23 PM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We only use the GPS that is on the phones & usually only use that in town. Looking for a specific address, restaurant, motel, etc.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I will say the BS'ers, and other people on Powertour has been some of the best people we've ever had the honor of meeting.
            I've met people that helped us out and also helped me, like back in 2011 when by all rights I had no business financially going on tour but had help, crashing at their place or sleeping on a hotel floor.

When I had brake issues in 2010 I had help from guys and the Motor Medics in Illinois.

Also, look at your hotels. Make sure you really check out where you stay. I tried to save a few bucks in 2010 and paid. Carbondale IL UGH

One other thing...A pillow helps for when the co-pilot passes out!

Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I did my first one on my Harley. You start out with what you have to take such as clothes, extra shoes and move on from there.

Comment

Originally posted by gamauter View Post
                I did my first one on my Harley.
                Sweet, which model do you have ?

Comment

Electra glide. The rain in Birmingham was probibly the scariest ride I have ever had.

Comment

I hear that ... I laid my Softtail Nostalgia down in a torrential thunderstorm after riding in it for three hours. Broke three ribs, kicked the engine guard back off the rear brake pedal and rode three more hours to our clubhouse. Not a good weekend, at all.

I bought it new in Australia ...

Last edited by Monster; December 22, 2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Comment

i also ride a electra glide rain sucks

Comment

Not as bad as riding through locust swarms ...

Comment

ouch !!!! &messy

Comment

I quit riding in shorts. Hit a bat at night on the interstate doing about 90. Thought my knee was split open.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                                Bingo, that's what I do pack for a 4 day run and almost no shirts then either Tuesday or Wednesday while we're partaking cold beverages in the hotel parking lot ( which usually last till midnight ) I wash clothes. Been doing it for the 3 of us the last 4 yrs. Works for me.
                                Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                                Thanks for the tips! I was wondering what everyone did for "clothes." Personally, I can't seem to keep more than 2 or 3 decent pairs of shorts or pants and I somehow always ruin them... so I was wondering how I would make it 9 days
                                Last edited by Jesse James 80; December 22, 2014, 11:36 AM.
                                1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                                1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                                1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X