No announcement yet.

Power Tour Info for First Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie's can also check out the "PT Retrospective" topic string, to see how meaningful these long haul trips are. Some HRPTs are tributes to family, remembering past family events, and seeing great attractions around the country. Hot Rod Long Hauls or day trips are always great fun with great car people.
    Last edited by 88MCSS LS2 6spd; February 7, 2016, 09:03 AM.
    R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
    Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
    Real SH 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by 59brook View Post
      just my .02 but it doesn't matter if your on the exact route or not as you will see lot's of people who like to get out and explore. don't be scared to detour off the route. just a few yrs ago we were a hop.skip and jump from rt 66 and they never went on it. i posted my plans and found someone interested in the same detour. instead of static pictures in front of something we took turns taking pics of each other's cars. sometimes they forget 1500+ cars going through a stop sign can cause quite a mess

agreed.....and there's nothing like going through a one horse/one stoplight town with hundreds of cars, the local folks standing on the side, wondering.....what is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
        There's nothing like going through a one horse/one stoplight town with hundreds of cars, the local folks standing on the side,
        I remember in 2008 driving by decimated farms, flooded out fields and homes ... and there they were by the side of the road, cheering us on. Really put a lump in my throat and dust in my eyes to see fellow Americans with the worst that fate could throw at them, just sitting there like any other day, celebrating "Americana" at it's finest.

Comment

Working...
        X