No announcement yet.

Power Tour Info for First Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzales is going to be HOT and HUMID! You guys that have not spent much time in the Deep South might be a little miserable. Gulf Port will be literally on the beach and shade so it should not be as bad IF there is a sea breeze.
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• Yep, Mobile was hot. I remember dunking a car towel in the cooler putting it around my neck so the beer wouldn't boil before it got to my stomach.
      Last edited by 70chevyC-10; February 23, 2015, 06:46 AM.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Sorry if this has been asked, and I am sure they will hand something out, but is there a usual start time each day? Or is it more of a get to the next location by this time?

Comment

• As long as you punch in at the venue by 6pm(I think) you are on your own to come & go as you please.
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

• Mounty50, check your in-box. You're about 20 miles from me.
            Impala Guy
            Non-denominational car nut.
            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
            Do you go all the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by blznnp View Post
              Is there a usual start time each day?
              If you want to attend the daily Driver's Meeting, it's held at the venue at 9am (I believe). Most people don't go though and get an earlier (or later) start.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post

If you want to attend the daily Driver's Meeting, it's held at the venue at 9am (I believe). Most people don't go though and get an earlier (or later) start.
                Last year the only drivers meeting was the first day (Sunday)

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• so when do they normally send out the directions? How many of you have done their directions part of the time and others just gotten on the freeway and cruise to the next spot?

Comment

• Originally posted by blznnp View Post
                    so when do they normally send out the directions? How many of you have done their directions part of the time and others just gotten on the freeway and cruise to the next spot?
                    The driving directions will be sent out about two weeks before June 6. Driving the route is optional. Most people drive route because that is what Power Tour is all about. Power Tour is like a 1500-1600 mile parade. People will be sitting out waiting for us to pass by, some of the smaller towns will pass out bottles of water at the 4 way stops, ect. When on the 4 lane highways, we cruise at a slower pace and let the other cars pass us, so we get to see more of the cars. By running the route, you meet nice folks while buying gas or eating at a local burger joint. When we get down south the humidity will be high and it will be sticky hot, so we try to spend less time at the venue.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• just my .02 but it doesn't matter if your on the exact route or not as you will see lot's of people who like to get out and explore. don't be scared to detour off the route. just a few yrs ago we were a hop.skip and jump from rt 66 and they never went on it. i posted my plans and found someone interested in the same detour. instead of static pictures in front of something we took turns taking pics of each other's cars. sometimes they forget 1500+ cars going through a stop sign can cause quite a mess

Comment

• I plan on doing the route, just more worried about the times that its 4+ hours just on the freeway, just want to make sure we check in on time, that all, can't wait to see some back roads, smaller towns, and meet as many as I can.

Comment

• Bump.

Comment

• Back to the top for those interested ......

Comment

• Bump for Newbies!
                              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                              79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Bump............Maybe we should make this s sticky again as tour gets closer.
                                Last edited by trukluvr; January 25, 2016, 12:52 PM.
                                Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X