Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK!!!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Jeez, but you guys crack me up !

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo2k View Post
        I live in Madison (born and raised)...

Quaker Steak and Lube may be a good place ... it will be pretty packed on a Saturday night ... The VA is a no go. The only parking is for folks visiting patients.

There is VFW that is by the airport that has a car show once a year and has plenty of grass parking:
        Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

One of the main roads, East Washington Ave, is the main cruising road. There is plenty of spots to park on the side of the road, and hit up one of the restaurants.
        We're talking about Friday evening, aren't we?
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We need to get with the vet hospital and e if they can shuttle some people from the hospital or there maybe?
          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Yes, Ed, Friday evening. Good idea, Scott. Maybe Amigo2K would be willing to check it out for us, since he lives in Madison.
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Looks like an old F-80 Shooting Star. Or probably the T-33 trainer variant of it judging by the size of the canopy. My guess is that the Wisconsin Air National Guard flew them at one time & they got it from them. Lots of them around the country on pedestals like that.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Thanks for the info!! Just struck me as funny that the directions included the phrase "look for the plane on the pole out front"

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                  Just struck me as funny that the directions included the phrase "look for the plane on the pole out front"
                  Really? Almost every town in America has one somewhere ... even our dinky little Navy museum has an F-14 Tomcat.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                    We need to get with the vet hospital and e if they can shuttle some people from the hospital or there maybe?
                    If the VFW is interested in helping out, maybe they could collect and take over donations for the VA. http://www.madison.va.gov/giving/

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                      Really? Almost every town in America has one somewhere ... even our dinky little Navy museum has an F-14 Tomcat.
                      Fancy Gap doesn't even have a stoplight, much less a plane on a pole!!

Comment

I messaged a link to this thread to the VFW's facebook page and here was the response.

"Sounds interesting Our VFW Post is just outside of Madison near the airport. We have lots of room and parking with an outdoor grill area, pavillion and beer serving area. I need more info as to what this is all about and what date you will be in Madison."

So it would be great if someone local could engage them.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                          Fancy Gap doesn't even have a stoplight, much less a plane on a pole!!
                          We ain't got no aeroplane on a stick or a stop light, but we do have a blinking yellow light on a street that has no need for it. We got it just so we can say we got a traffic light of some sort.
                          OH, almost forgot.....we got a cannon!

John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                          Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Who needs a light when you have a cannon?

Comment

Yep, a cannon is better than a dang traffic light any day !!!

Comment

Originally posted by gamauter View Post
                                Who needs a light when you have a cannon?
                                Well you need a light to fire the cannon

Comment

Working...
                                X