No announcement yet.

Getting prepared for 2015 HRPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the truck over to Hawks yesterday and they turned off the P0332 Knock senor code that kept coming up. I want have to deal with it anymore. If I ever pull the intake off I will see what is wrong with it and have it fixed. I installed both senors when I got the motor but the one always showed up. Not anymore though.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Truck is looking good, Andy.

I just went to Hot Rod website to check if Biloxi info is posted yet (it's not) and they have a little section on there about "How to participate as a spectator" and it says that spectators will have to walk in, that in order to drive into PT grounds you have to be registered. The first few years we did PT, they separated the participant parking from spectator parking, and it worked much better. Maybe they learned a lesson from Wisconsin Dells!!
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Thanks,
        I still have some more upgrades planned but will wait until after Christmas.
        I sure hope so. That place really, I mean really pissed me off. You drive 3000 miles round trip and they park you in the back greens of the course so the animals can look at your vehicle! Can't wait to see everyone again and hope we see each other in April. Keep that wine glass full and hope you and Vick have a great Christmas.
        Last edited by Andy4639; December 18, 2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

My glass is always at least half-full, Andy!!! Looking forward to seeing you again in April. Merry Christmas to you too!
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
            My glass is always at least half-full, Andy!!! Looking forward to seeing you again in April. Merry Christmas to you too!
            An Irishman staggers down the road and finds a lamp in the ditch. Thinking he could clean it up and sell it for drinking money, he gives it a rub. Poof! Out pops a Genie who offers to grant three wishes. The Irishman says "I'll be having a pint of beer that never goes empty"

Poof! He's got a glass of Stout that he slams down immediately. Upon looking at the empty glass, it is instantly full again.

"AYE!" he says "I'll be having two more of these!!"
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Cute, Beags!!

Comment

Got a little more done. I plan on installing the amps inside the console so I mounted a small fan to pull the hot air out. I have some more sanding then it's time to paint. I'm thinking about some AC ducts maybe on the side to help also.

Comment

Excellent " custom " work Andy ! Looking good. I'll be glad to get back to work on the Vette ( soon I hope ).
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                    Excellent " custom " work Andy ! Looking good. I'll be glad to get back to work on the Vette ( soon I hope ).
                    Thanks, I'm going to get Timmy to two tone it grey bottom and silver top. He is the guy who painted the engine cover for me.

Comment

Nothing like pulling the guts out of it again. I'm getting good at this. Got all the old holes welded up. Put all the sound deadner back in and seemed it all up with AC tape. I straighten up all the wiring also and replaced the antenna wire I cut in half when I mounted the passenger side seat the first time. Now to put the new carpet in and wait for the center console to get back from painting to install everything. Oh I mounted a 6 fuse panel box on the side of the Sub enclosure to run all the stuff I have planed on. Seats, power outlets for phones, GPS and such. I also rewired the drivers seat and cleaned up the wires to use the one factory plugin like I did for the passenger side. Got to take the door panels
                      back off and fix a couple of small problems with them also.

Comment

I have started on my ride for this year. 1960 Impala 5.3 4L60E combo, disc brakes, new steering box, Vintage air, new gas tank. This is my first LS swap and I am learning a lot and boy is it expensive but its too late to turn back now. I bought a 5.3 and transmission out of a 2002 Avalanche with 60k miles. That was the cheap part, it all the other stuff, cam, oil pan, fuel pump, new tank, wiring harness, a/c, steering box, disc brake kit, new wheels, the list just keeps going. I hope to have it ready in April so I can try it out before the Power Tour.
                        http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

The GM crate engine that we bought with our sweepstake money is now in the car. Bolting on external parts this afternoon.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by djinva View Post
                            I have started on my ride for this year. 1960 Impala 5.3 4L60E combo, disc brakes, new steering box, Vintage air, new gas tank. This is my first LS swap and I am learning a lot and boy is it expensive but its too late to turn back now. I bought a 5.3 and transmission out of a 2002 Avalanche with 60k miles. That was the cheap part, it all the other stuff, cam, oil pan, fuel pump, new tank, wiring harness, a/c, steering box, disc brake kit, new wheels, the list just keeps going. I hope to have it ready in April so I can try it out before the Power Tour.
                            Nice to see you posting again! Will have to get used to seeing you driving something besides the Roadmaster wagon!! The '60 Impala should be a sweet ride when you get done with it!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post

Nice to see you posting again! Will have to get used to seeing you driving something besides the Roadmaster wagon!! The '60 Impala should be a sweet ride when you get done with it!
                              I'm on here reading alot but I just don't post much. I'm really excited about the 60. Our crew is growing, we will also be bringing the 61 Belair this year. We have driven it the past 3 years. This will be our 5th long haul this year and the Roadmaster started it all back in 2011.
                              http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by djinva View Post
                                I had all that stuff already since I had the TPI fuel enjection in it before. All I had to do was swap fuel pumps out to the 60PSI. You want be disappointed though once done.

Comment

Working...
                                X