No announcement yet.

Getting prepared for 2015 HRPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new 'can't believe they aren't leather' seat covers showed up today. They look real close to the regular seat covers.
    Waiting on the heaters to get here and I can start the install.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

OK I got the drivers side all done. It's covered and wired ready to be installed once I get the old seats out. I put the switch that came with the heaters in the stock location for a nice clean look.
      I'll test everything before installing to make sure all is correct. The heaters come with nothing but a hot wire and ground to hook up. I'll tie them into the factory harness under the seat.
      I'll have the heaters ran to a ignition on source + ran through the seat belt buckle so if you forget to turn it off and the seat belt is unhooked it will shut off also. Passenger side done too!

Last edited by Andy4639; November 13, 2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Drivers side is installed and wired. Seats move as they should and heaters are working. Got to drive it the rest of the week and see how everything feels and wait for my next night off which is Sunday before I start on the passenger side. I'll have to drill holes for it. The drivers side went good the brackets mounted right back in the same holes as the old seat. Seat belts everything was a easy swap.
        I had plan to have the heaters turn off with the seat belt if you unbuckled it and left the switch on but the little wire pig tails in the buckle work in reverse for a buzzer I guess. They will cut off when I turn the truck off but would like to have a safety cutoff if someone forgets. Anybody know a way to do this?

Comment

Andy, The gray interior looks great with the color of the truck. I like that you can get so much done in such a short time. That would take me weeks to finish. Great work..
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
            Andy, The gray interior looks great with the color of the truck. I like that you can get so much done in such a short time. That would take me weeks to finish. Great work..
            Thanks. I try and have things planned out well in advance. A lot of times it don't work out they way I hope but this side went well other than the seat belt. I'll have to figure something out for it though.

Comment

Andy Im liking this option for my truck......where did you order the seat cover kit from? Thanks.............also been checking you out on 67-72 chevy site also.........
              Last edited by 383S-10; November 24, 2014, 09:48 AM.
              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                Andy Im liking this option for my truck......where did you order the seat cover kit from? Thanks.............also been checking you out on 67-72 chevy site also.........
                Seat covers came from here. http://www.autoanything.com/seat-cov...A4353A0A0.aspx

Yea I go back and forth on the websites. The console will take some time. I have to move the gear shifter also which in turn will leave a big hole in the carpet so I have to order new. That will be Christmas I guess.

Comment

Have you ever look at these from this site.......I plan to have my interior paint color match at a local auto paint store that sells SEM paint and I will order this counsel......been trying to meet up with a local guy who has a collection of Suburbans to 67-87 C-10s to get a counsel from him.....no luck yet..............

USA1 Industries Chevy Truck Parts offers this 1967-72 Chevy Truck Complete Floor Consoles. Close replica of original.Years Fit Chevy Truck & GMC Truck 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987
                  Last edited by 383S-10; November 25, 2014, 11:26 AM.
                  That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Yea I have that saved in case mine doesn't work out. I hope I can get mine fixed up and repainted to match the seats.

Comment

I found a set of new Porterbuilt tublar control arms for the truck. Both upper and lowers with new grade 8 hardware and bushing and ball joints with billet cross shaftes for less than $1000.00. What should I expect out of them? I plan to put my helper air bags inside the coils when I pull it a part also.

Comment

Boy Andy I'm going to have to go to work on my truck just to try and keep up with you. But yours is looking goooooood my friend.
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                          Boy Andy I'm going to have to go to work on my truck just to try and keep up with you. But yours is looking goooooood my friend.
                          Yea right Dave. You just saying that my friend. I want to see that Chevelle when you get it back!

Comment

Got a little more done to the console yesterday. Got the trim and cup holder all test fitted in and sanded ready to primmer it so I can paint it. I have to figure out where I want to mount the home link switches first though.

Comment

In the process of installing the 350 crate engine I bought with the $2500 General Motors/Hot Rod Magazine Sweepstakes prize money I won and getting both bucket seats rebuilt.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                                In the process of installing the 350 crate engine I bought with the $2500 General Motors/Hot Rod Magazine Sweepstakes prize money I won and getting both bucket seats rebuilt.
                                Jack that must be nice! I have never won a thing in my life, well except for my wife!

I got the Home link garage door and other buttons mounted in the ash tray tonight. Works great
                                just have to repaint the ash tray now.

Comment

Working...
                                X