No announcement yet.

Getting prepared for 2015 HRPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I thought you couldn't do anymore to the truck you go and find more. The engine cover looks great. Those seats will be nice and comfy for the trip next year.

Sorry to hear about your mother.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
      When I thought you couldn't do anymore to the truck you go and find more. The engine cover looks great. Those seats will be nice and comfy for the trip next year.
      Sorry to hear about your mother.

Thank Damon, the last few months have been long ones. My mom passed our best friends at the beach 19 year old son got killed in a wreck and then the day I came back from his funeral one of the shift boss men's wife was killed in a wreck.

I sure hope I can pull all this off over this winter. My neighbor today has offered his brand new shop with lift to do the brake swap so I will be starting on it Friday I hope the kit shows up by then. He said take as long as I need to since he is working 12 hrs too!

Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

That's a lot of death around you. But better to be around you than you. Like isaid, keep up the good work. It really shows and I know you are having a blast doing it. I don't have a car for. '15 yet but we can always take the challenger. To me it's more about getting away with my son and hanging out with you all.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

That's a lot of death around you. But better to be around you than you. Like isaid, keep up the good work. It really shows and I know you are having a blast doing it. I don't have a car for. '15 yet but we can always take the challenger. To me it's more about getting away with my son and hanging out with you all.
          DITTO !!!
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Thanks, some point and time I plan to carry my dad to MS to see his relatives one more time soon I hope. My neighbor today has offered me his new shop with lift to do the brakes. I will start on them Friday I hope and have it done by Monday. Then start on the seats at the house. I can't afford a new vehicle every year for the tour so I have to find upgrades for the truck!

Comment

Your exactly right Damon.....I look forward to seeing all you guys each year.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Yea I look forward to seeing everyone too! The price of the trip is worth every penny of it because of the friendship we all share.

Comment

Well it took me 2 full days but I have rear disc brakes now on the 71. CPP rear disc kit is not what I thought it would be. The kit leaves a lot of unanswered questions in the instructions. After several calls and 3 trips to O-Riellys to get parts I'm done.

Comment

Congratulations Andy........
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Good job Andy! Hope my engine build and other upgrades for the Vette goes as well as your projects have.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Looking great Andy! Keep your chin up!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thanks, I'm still going even after I fell Thursday and bruised my ribs. I didn't let a little pain stop me! Next little project to do. I ordered the covers today so it will take a while for them to ship. I have to find some seat heaters and I'll be ready after Christmas I hope to have them to install. I have to do some work on the console also.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Take time to heal Andy... and quit hurting yourself! The plan is coming together!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                              Take time to heal Andy... and quit hurting yourself! The plan is coming together!
                              You can say that again.

Comment

I have the covers ordered and the heaters, just waiting for them to show up to start the seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X