Getting prepared for 2015 HRPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting prepared for 2015 HRPT

Had a lot going on the past few month's and hope I can start getting the truck preped for the 2015 HRPT now. One of the first things I have done is a new engine cover made for it along with new brake system installed. I need to buy the rear disc system now. Next are the seats and interior redo. I bought a set of 99 Tahoe electric/heated seats with a console. Have to have them recovered though. Have them all working except for the drivers side heat. Going with after market heaters I think though.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Looking good Andy.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
      Hope I can start getting the truck preped for the 2015 HRPT now. I bought a set of 99 Tahoe electric/heated seats with a console. Have them all working except for the drivers side heat. Going with after market heaters I think though.
      Seat heaters ?
      Where do you usually go on Power Tour ?

Comment

Seat Heaters???? Cooled seats are a much better choice for PT.

Andy, are you going to Goodguys this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
          Seat Heaters???? Cooled seats are a much better choice for PT.
          Andy, are you going to Goodguys this weekend?
          Yea man plan to be there Saturday. I'm coming up Friday night. Going to stay in Conover with my dad. Why, you got something planned. I was going to rigister the truck on line but life got in the way. My mom passed away the last of September so I've been going back and forth to dad's to keep him company. Haven't done a whole lot. I ordered some more goodies this morning for it though! CPP rear disc brakes for it with drilled slotted rotor and S/S lines.
          I got a lot to do but it should be worth it. The seats are for this winter driving to work. For $100.00 at the local LKQ yard I couldn't turn them down. My 08 Tahoe has them and it's nice. I got a couple of pairs of seat belts with shoulder harness also. Red/Grey if anybody is interested in a set.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Andy4639; October 22, 2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Well I thought I was coming to Charlotte! Got home the wife says we are going to the beach. I guess that's not a bad thing.

Comment

Life's a Beach -
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Good to see you back to the forum Andy. Looks like you'll be busy this winter. I'll also be busy working on" Maybellene"('66 Chevelle") hope to have it ready for Crusin the Coast next year.
                Last edited by Big Dave; October 23, 2014, 02:26 AM.
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                  Good to see you back to the forum Andy. Looks like you'll be busy this winter. I'll also be busy working on" Maybellene"('66 Chevelle") hope to have it ready for Crusin the Coast next year.
                  Yea the wife and I had some work done at the house and need to have it checked out and finish paying the contractor. Had a light put up and re did our bathroom.

Dang Dave you bought another one.

Comment

That light is Awesome!
                    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                      That light is Awesome!
                      Thanks, my brother has another one almost like it. Instead it has globes for the lights instead of the candle sticks. It came out of a bar in Chicago.
                      Yea the wife and I are looking forward to seeing it hanging up. I'll post some more pictures this weekend after we get there.
                      Here is a link to his shop.

http://www.architecturalwarehouse.com/
                      Last edited by Andy4639; October 23, 2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hi Andy! Hope to see you again on PT next year!
                        Last edited by elcaminogirl59; October 23, 2014, 11:32 AM.
                        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Andy, if plans change and you get to Goodguys give me a call. We did the poker run yesterday, and doing Detroit Speed open house tonight. Holohan's has dinner at his shop tomorrow night.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                            Andy, if plans change and you get to Goodguys give me a call. We did the poker run yesterday, and doing Detroit Speed open house tonight. Holohan's has dinner at his shop tomorrow night.

Sorry to hear about your mother.
                            Dang man I was really looking forward to coming up but the wife had other plans. I hate I missed it. Maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                              Hi Andy! Hope to see you again on PT next year!
                              Thanks I sure hope we do get to see one another again. I had a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X