No announcement yet.

2015 Spring Blooms Tour - April 24 & 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an update....everybody at the Gearhead gathering is gonna have to either sing or play something or beat on something to make some racket.

Steve, what's your weapon of choice? I've gotta make sure we have all of the tricks in the bag that we bring......

Oh, and we'll drive around a whole lot too.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Wow......a cruse in hoe down........that's a first for me........you da man Pee Wee
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
        Wow......a cruse in hoe down........that's a first for me........you da man Pee Wee
        That rule was in place for the fall gathering, but it just wasn't enforced. This time EVERYBODY is going to make racket, or we'll just forego racket entirely. I'm making a stand, and we ain't bringing all of those microphones for just nothing. I'm talking to everybody else Dave, you're already the star of the racket festivities. Well, and Vic....and Terri....no, we've got it all. This time we're bringing it all out. No hiding, and no spectators.

Comment

• Ok Pee Wee you want everyone to make a racket.. We might serve beans for dinner and recreate the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles!!!! We might even have to call it the bang shit scene! On a music note will a burnout be considered a type of music??

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
            Ok Pee Wee you want everyone to make a racket.. We might serve beans for dinner and recreate the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles!!!! We might even have to call it the bang shit scene! On a music note will a burnout be considered a type of music??
            It's easy to overthink and complicate the racket making scene. Yes, of course a burnout is music. But as far as doing something in front of a microphone (some folks' greatest fear and apprehension) I can say that I have never seen anybody yet who couldn't beat on something. At the right time, that's music too. We've got a frog, a cricket, a pig, a coffee can....shoot, Perry proved in the fall he can play two things at the same time. Bring something to whack on and something to whack it with. We'll bring a few more, so there will be some free rental "instruments" available. Yep, that's music, too.
            Last edited by pdub; March 9, 2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Careful how you word that Peewee you might get more than you bargained for. LOL
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                Careful how you word that Peewee you might get more than you bargained for. LOL
                What was that thing some years ago?.....it was a big Broadway show, I forget the name, where it was only folks beating on stuff....trash can lids. All kinds of stuff. That was really neat, the power and rhythm of percussion. We can recreate that. Well, crudely for sure! Well, no, we can't recreate that. But we can maybe....okay, never mind.

Comment

• Stomp. My youngest actually fell asleep halfway through. No idea how....that show is loud.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• still need to get new tires for the mustang. they have tread, but are pretty hard at over 12 years old.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Hoping to have EFI on the "Beast"

Comment

• Ok- Putting this out there for anyone traveling from the Northeast to the GearHead Inn. On the way down Friday the group coming from Maryland is going to stop by Bristol Speedway and Dragway to try to get a tour of the place. If anyone thinks they might be around that area around 10-11 am and wants to join us let me know so we can make the calls and see what we can see. Thanks

Comment

• Any planned activities yet?
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• "OK, I hope you all don't mind but I have been looking at roads and i know Diane you like to plan. But here's kinda what I have found. for a trip over the hill. Start with Breakfast in Cherokee some where. than Head straight over 441 Gatlinburg. While there there is two places car related things to see Hollywood Star Cars Museum and Cooter's Place. after leaving them we could drivwe the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail a 6 mile loop. then on to Floyd Garrett's place. We should just about be ready for lunch hit somewhere in P F then go south on TN 321 to Lyon Springs Rd to Little River Rd.(Nice 18 mile road that run along a creek) run that to the Sugar Land Information Center. While we stop there. they say there is a nice water fall down a 300-400 yards down a path if anyone would like to see that. Then we could get back on 441 south to head back to the hotel. MapQuest has it as about 120 miles of driving but with stops it might be a full day. If anyone is good with this and we get a head count I can contact all the Museum's and try for a group rate if possible. Or if anyone can add or wanted to take away anything please let me know. Thanks Chris"

I think this is some BIG plans!

Comment

• I'm good with what she said.........

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                                Any planned activities yet?
                                Get drunk and be somebody!!! I think is a big part of the plan... or wait is that a givin?

Also I have started contacting the museums and the only worry I have is parking in Gatlinburg. but i' m working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X