2015 Spring Blooms Tour - April 24 & 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
    Steve and I took a ride on the Harley Sunday and rode by the Gearhead. Mary & Jim must be gone for a bit..........
    Their telephone machine said they are taking a "Winter Break".

Comment

• Racket-Making Hardware Update: The empty gallon paint can has been nicely and cleverly replaced and upgraded. Unit came up with this most appropriate coffee can. It has a plastic re-sealable plastic lid of course. And it sounds entirely different if you whack it lid-on or lid-off. And it doubles as a nifty carrying case for the cricket. Great job Unit!!! Is it April yet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cricket Can.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1007665
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I see a trip to the Keys being mentioned, are y'all aware of the Key West Power Cruise that takes place July 8 thru 12? The cruise is limited to 100 vehicles with about 53 currently registered. Here is the website: http://www.keywestpowercruise.com/default.html . Between the upcoming Cars and Coffee show that is a part of the Amelia Island Concours, the Hot Rod Power Tour, the Key West Power Cruise and Cruisin' the Coast the Mustang will get a workout this year...gotta love retirement!
        1993 LX Mustang Convertible
        1987 Saleen Mustang Hatchback

Comment

• We're gonna be like snowbirds and if it works out still do spring blooms in April and HRPT in June. I sure they'll be alot of conversation about it at Gearhead Inn. On the note of Gearhead, life plays cruel jokes I'm not saying it won't make it YET but the Vette may not make it. Engine is built but there is a few things I wanted to do while the engine and tranny were out and I'M NOT USING MY SBT OR HRPT MONEY, it might have to sit this year out DARN IT! However the Camaro has new shoes on it and is up the challenge once again ( that hurt $$$$ ). GIVE ME A CURVE! YE HAW!
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            We're gonna be like snowbirds and if it works out still do spring blooms in April and HRPT in June. I sure they'll be alot of conversation about it at Gearhead Inn. On the note of Gearhead, life plays cruel jokes I'm not saying it won't make it YET but the Vette may not make it. Engine is built but there is a few things I wanted to do while the engine and tranny were out and I'M NOT USING MY SBT OR HRPT MONEY, it might have to sit this year out DARN IT! However the Camaro has new shoes on it and is up the challenge once again ( that hurt $$$$ ). GIVE ME A CURVE! YE HAW!
            Well, I wouldn't mind another 5th gen Camaro in the group...........what tires did you go with? We will certainly miss stopping at the auto parts store, but guess we'll have to deal with it.

The Key West tour looks fun, but I would rather go when it's not so hot...........

Comment

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post

Well, I wouldn't mind another 5th gen Camaro in the group...........what tires did you go with? We will certainly miss stopping at the auto parts store, but guess we'll have to deal with it.

The Key West tour looks fun, but I would rather go when it's not so hot...........
              I think the general consensus is very early spring, Feb or March.
              BF Goodrich sport comp 2 on the Camaro, it sure drives better, the P-Zero's were all used up.

Comment

• If you run the eastern coastline down US1, it's not supremely hot in the summertime. The sea breeze keeps things cooler all day and also blows away the herds of mosquitoes. HEAT-hot is inland, maybe 20 miles from the coast.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• it still can be hot in the middle of the state. july and august is when it's the hottest down here.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

We have not been to the state park yet. We do like a good Tiki Bar though. Last year we found a great condo to rent so we hung out on the deck most of the time.

Have you heard what they say about Key Largo? It's a drinking village with a fishing problem!
                    that pretty much describes the whole keys
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• i haven't been on this thread for a few days so am just thinking about this.

first of all, i know a place halfway between orlando and daytona that would be a good place to party. can do a bonfire, burnouts allowed in the driveway, make as much noise as you want. there is one room avaliable, priority applies, but there is floor space to drop a mattress, and plenty of room to pitch a tent, showers available, and a hotel near by.

the run to KW can be done in 7 hours (4 to miami, 5 to key largo), but sometimes, taking the back roads are more fun. southwest of key largo, the speed will be down: a) there might not be a single officer of the law, there might be 20. b) drop the top, use a sawsall if you have a hardtop. c) put in a jimmy buffet cd, even if you don't like jimmy. it's what you do down there. d) chill and enjoy the drive.

it might be best to do this around oct when it starts getting a little cooler and not as many tourist.

thoughts??? if anyone is serious.
                      Last edited by cobra; February 17, 2015, 06:49 PM.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Serious as a heart attack! Although our vacation picks are done for this year might could swing Oct or Nov don't know , 2016 for me is wide open spring or fall.

Comment

• Hell yea i' m serious about it. thats one place on my Bucket list of car cruises. I was thinking spring of 2016. cause a lot of us where pissed with the Power Tour in 2014 and I will only being doing the first two days of the power tour in 2015 but doing 11 days for the Spring Bloom Tour. My time is almost used up for 2015. So for me FL might be my 2016 week long vacation cause for me it's a 2 day drive just to get to south FL. I would be good with saying mid way in the state and just a day trip to the Keys. we will figure it all out at the firepit this year. so bring all ideas t the gearhead pit. See you all in 66 days!!!

Comment

• 52 days to go. car still at the paint shop. might have to start looking for a back up ride for this trip!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                              52 days to go. car still at the paint shop. might have to start looking for a back up ride for this trip!!!
                              WHAT!!!!! You can't get a car painted in 52 DAYS!!!!! Is Maryland a 3rd world country!!!!!!
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

WHAT!!!!! You can't get a car painted in 52 DAYS!!!!! Is Maryland a 3rd world country!!!!!!
                                Oh. I will be trying to throw it together when it comes home. Just need to get the painter going it appears it takes more then cash to get a painter to meet a deadline.

Comment

Working...
                                X