2015 Western Scenic Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Western Scenic Tour

Hi everybody. With the 2014 tour over and another successful road trip complete I thought i'd get a jump on 2015. Our destinations for 2015 will be Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Teton National Park. I cannot think of anyplace more beautiful than these two parks. These parks along with Glacier National Park are the only remaining locations besides Alaska where the mighty Grizzly Bear, Bison and the Wolf continue to roam as they did hundreds of years ago. While I cannot guarantee you will see bears or wolves, you will see Bison and the Elk will be in "the rut" and we will most likely see the male elk challenge each other for control of the females. Natural geysers, fumaroles, mudpots.......Old Faithful Geyser. Who remembers going there as kids and seeing Old Faithful shoot up what seemed like hundreds of feet in the air! I remember it like it was yesterday!

Dates are not quite exact yet as the Lodging folks are still deciding on their 2015 rates however it will most likely begin either Sept. 7th (Labor Day) or Sept. 8th and end either the 12th or 13th. I'm sending out notices to many lodges but I of course do not have an exact count of the number of people attending. Sooooo, I'd like you to sound off either here or send me an email message to [email protected]. I need to know "YES" you will attend. If you are still "iffy" include that but I will be looking to book rooms for those who will attend so I can try and get some contract rate estimates. Those that confirm with me will get the group rates first. Many of the motels in the area are small and only have limited numbers of rooms, some won't accept group contracts and others are just very expensive so this will take some time. So, sound off yes you will attend or you might attend. Please include the number in your party, i.e. 1 or 2 persons please. Pics of the ride you intend to bring are always appreciated.
    Last edited by bearphoto; September 22, 2014, 06:32 PM.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

I'm In
    PETE
    2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

If anyone is wondering whether they might have fun on this tour or not, just look at the 2014 tour comments or feel free to ask any of the participants. While I provide a schedule, anyone is free to "freelance" and branch out on their own! Drive on!
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

We're in.

Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 22, 2014, 07:08 PM.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yep, we're in!
          Mary, Ed,
          Earl and Maybelline
          Long Hauler 08,09,10,11,12,13
          Inside every old man is a little boy!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
            If anyone is wondering whether they might have fun on this tour or not, just look at the 2014 tour comments or feel free to ask any of the participants. While I provide a schedule, anyone is free to "freelance" and branch out on their own! Drive on!

Only few photos have been posted here, but enough to prove the tour was extremely enjoyable.

Here is a clip I put together.

Last edited by PLRXPLRX; September 23, 2014, 11:39 AM.
            PETE
            2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

ONLY 349 days to go and we are IN.. Let the countdown begin.. Siri told me how many days to go..And great youtube Pete..
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

We plan to attend next year as well. Thanks for the clip Pete.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

349A...

Great clip Pete. I tried to leave some feedback but my password has expired.....I'll try again when I get back home.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Yes, that was a good clip Pete, thanks. What are those two black stripes behind you Jim ?
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

ONLY 348 days to go ..Chevy's little BIG block back in the 60's.. But if you remember the 60's , you weren't there..
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          Yes, that was a good clip Pete, thanks. What are those two black stripes behind you Jim ?
                          348. Phil, it was a fun trip. I do wish we would have had time to stop in though on our drive back home.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

347... Of course you already know that Maureen and I are in!!
                            Jim & Maureen
                            There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                            HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X