No announcement yet.

Hot rod asking where to go on Facebook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot rod asking where to go on Facebook.

Did anybody see the Facebook post asking where we want to go on Power Tour? Does this mean they don't know yet? Where do y'all want to go?
    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
    Kansas City 2017

No I didn't ... please provide link.

Comment

About the third post down. https://www.facebook.com/hotrodmag
      1964 Chevelle
      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Thanks, I was at a car show and couldn't get it to load from my phone.
        Kansas City 2017

Comment

They're just asking where we'd like to see it go......somebody just ask them where it's going, would ya??
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I don't do Face Book so would someone list the Bad Lands in South Dakota. Beautiful area. A run from Wis thru Minn over to So. Dakota and then back down towards Kansas City. That would be a nice trip.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

They are probably just asking where we want to go so they can schedule something in the completely opposite direction!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                I don't do Face Book so would someone list the Bad Lands in South Dakota. Beautiful area. A run from Wis thru Minn over to So. Dakota and then back down towards Kansas City. That would be a nice trip.
                I'm with Dave on this one. Or maybe head out of the Bad Lands down through eastern Wyoming & Colorado through Raton Pass & on down to Albuquerque.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

I'm with Dave on this one. Or maybe head out of the Bad Lands down through eastern Wyoming & Colorado through Raton Pass & on down to Albuquerque.

I let them know about it. Wall Drug would be a killer stop.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

The only thing about Eastern Wyoming is the gas stations seem to be few and far between. It's beautiful country, just didn't see any place that could accommodate that many cars. We went through there on the way to Mount Rushmore last year. Bandimere Speedway just outside of Denver would be a really cool venue.
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

I just wish they would come clean about whats going and say FE is out and who's taking it on. As for where I would love to do Bad Lands or anything out west, but I was concerned about accommodating 3K+ cars and some cars needing to fuel up every 200 miles or so. Mabey someone could PT in a tanker truck.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                        The only thing about Eastern Wyoming is the gas stations seem to be few and far between. It's beautiful country, just didn't see any place that could accommodate that many cars. We went through there on the way to Mount Rushmore last year. Bandimere Speedway just outside of Denver would be a really cool venue.
                        Yeah, it would take a bit tighter planning in the fuel department. But I think if you ever want to do that kind of area you would have to be willing to scatter around the venue or run another 50-100 miles along the next days route for rooms. We have already done that when we could not get rooms in the area. Additionally, in 2009 all of our rooms were quite aways down the next days route. We were surprised to find that all of the places we were at were full of tour cars. It actually made for an interesting tour. And, we got to sleep in a bit longer.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Probably somebody has already said this, but I think following Route 66 would be really cool.
                          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I see there are a lot of "come to my crappy small town" comments, which definitely wouldn't help the traffic problem :lol:

I also see quite a few "take "blank" interstate from __ to ___" ... I guess those people don't get the point of the tour?
                            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                              I see there are a lot of "come to my crappy small town" comments, which definitely wouldn't help the traffic problem :lol:

I also see quite a few "take "blank" interstate from __ to ___" ... I guess those people don't get the point of the tour?
                              That would be cool - jump on the Interstate HAUL ASS to the next podunk town get off spend 2 hours sitting in traffic and then jump back up on the interstate for the next town!

Comment

Working...
                              X