Anyone Receive a Speeding Ticket Mailed to them from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Receive a Speeding Ticket Mailed to them from Ohio

One of the cars running in my group on Tuesday during Power Tour received a speeding ticket in the mail yesterday from Ohio. Wondering if anyone else did?
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

That's crazy, maybe all of us should be watching our mailbox. Photo?
    Living the dream!

Comment

I received a ticket from the N.J. Turnpike Authority, with a picture of the back of the car. Not my car, not my tag . . . but it was the same number as my motorcycle tag? I could never get through the automated phone system and after the third "ugly" letter I sent them, stopped getting payment requests. Never did get any correspondence back from them, even though I requested it.

Considering my Ohio speeds, if I get a letter . . . I might have to pay this one !

Best of luck to your buddy,

Camera shy DTB
      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Hummm... so you got the ticket OVER 60 days later? Wasn't a rental car- and haven't moved recently? I thought that they had only 14 days to send it out...Just a thought. I'd be making a phone call about that one.

Richard

Comment

They were considerate enough to give me mine in person. That is crazy though.
          Visit my sons blog:
          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
            They were considerate enough to give me mine in person. That is crazy though.
            Mine too!!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Mine was in person as well...

Comment

Got mine in person too! The guy came right out of my trunk! And made it pretty obvious by his comments that they were targeting tour cars.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Good thing Vic was driving, or I would probably have one too!
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                    Got mine in person too! The guy came right out of my trunk! And made it pretty obvious by his comments that they were targeting tour cars.
                    Trooper told me "I'll tell you like we've told the test of you, have a good time on the tour."
                    Visit my sons blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                      Trooper told me "I'll tell you like we've told the test of you, have a good time on the tour."
                      That is almost word for word what he told us. Essentially it was "Hope you have a good time on the rest of the tour". That was with a smirk I might add. What I did was pull out to pass a car as we went from two lane to four lane. Silly me! I went & assumed that the speed limit would go up from 55 when we went to four-lane-divided. I found out later that he flipped around on me.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

LOL, I wonder if it was the same young gun that got me. He had a shit eating grin the whole time I dealt with him too.
                        Visit my sons blog:

Comment

LOL...all sounds very familiar!! Young, smirky, arrogant... I was in a pack of cars, but at the end. Just after went back to 4 lanes from 2. Told him I was going with traffic flow, his reply "well everyone is speeding". I was the lucky one in bright red car I guess.

Comment

Heading to the Dells on that 4 lane I crested a hill - and thought for sure I was busted - when I looked down I was still doing 80. He never came to get me but I was a good boy from that point on.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by hwhawk View Post
                              LOL...all sounds very familiar!! Young, smirky, arrogant... I was in a pack of cars, but at the end. Just after went back to 4 lanes from 2. Told him I was going with traffic flow, his reply "well everyone is speeding". I was the lucky one in bright red car I guess.

LOL again. I was in the same situation. He said "I can only pull over one of you. You and your buddy were both going 81." I too was the lucky one. That sounds all to familiar too. 2 lanes to 4 and just at the bottom of the hill it went to a 65mph zone.
                              Visit my sons blog:

Comment

Working...
                              X