Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We finally started restoration on the El Camino!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good.

Comment

Absolutely fantastically gorgeous ... worth the wait !!!

Comment

Very Nice!
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Yep, looks good so far.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Looking gooooooood!!!
            PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
            1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

What a fun, totally unique color. Great choice!
              Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
              Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
              Kansas City 2017

Comment

Really looks great! Is that color Dish Towel Blue?
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Looking good can't wait to see it outside and back together.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Thanks for all the positive responses, guys!
                    No, Jim, it's not "Dish Towel Blue" Think I'll name it "Elusive Aqua" since it was such a pain in the patootie!!
                    Went to see it this afternoon. He had applied the spray-in bed liner. Went with the black, since the paint was a pearl, we couldn't use it to tint the liner. Was still a little unsure about so much black, but after I saw it, I realized it was the perfect choice. The black is a great contrast to the bright, sparkly aqua. I am extremely happy with it. Body guy is in the process of wet-sanding and buffing the paint, will start re-assembling the car as soon as that is done. We are having a new windshield put in next week, and replacing the Unicorn-infested rear window with a plain-glass one. Didn't get any pics today, was charging the batteries in the camera, but will go by tomorrow and take some. Will post them sometime during the day tomorrow. Am really anxious to move it outside and get some great pictures with the sun shining on it!
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Can't wait fo see how it turns out!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Looking great Terri can't wait to see the finished project. Should look good rolling thru the " Fall Colors ".
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• elky looks good just sitting in the shop! can't wait to see it out in the light! and, elusive aqua sounds appropriate!!
                          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                          Gregg and Deb Miller
                          Verona, Wi.

Comment

• Terri, looks awesome!! I can't wait to see it out in the light and assembled. I'm loving the color woman..... Damn good choice!!
                            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                            - George Orwell

Comment

• This was a long time coming ...

Comment

• Here are a few more pics from today. Wet sanding, and the bedliner. Glad you all like my color choice! And yes, Steve, this was a looooooong time coming!!
                                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
                                X