Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We finally started restoration on the El Camino!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered some parts tonight. Went to check on her today, even more old paint is gone! She looks pretty frumpy right now, but soon she will be bootiful!!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Picture updates Terri ... picture updates !!!

Comment

Who the hell is on the computer at 6:00 in the morning?!! I didn't even know they made a 6:00 A.M.!!! Oh, well, I guess if you're on the comp that early, you deserve an update!!! Right now she looks like someone ate banana pudding and chocolate and puked on her!!!!
        Last edited by elcaminogirl59; July 29, 2014, 08:24 PM.
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Not everybody is night owls like us, I hate 6:00am although I do work shift work doesn't mean I like it.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Terri - you're letting another man touch your body ? What will Victor say ?
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
              Who the hell is on the computer at 6:00 in the morning?!! I didn't even know they made a 6:00 A.M.!!! Oh, well, I guess if you're on the comp that early, you deserve an update!!! Right now she looks like someone ate banana pudding and chocolate and puked on her!!!!
              Awesome, my favorite transition color is banana pudding and chocolate puke !!! My Shepherd wakes me at 5:30 to go out by sticking his cold nose in my armpit ... I wake up real fast, ha, ha, ha. Besides, it's really just an iPad by the bed rather than "being on" a PC. Keep those updates coming. Are you starting a project thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                Terri - you're letting another man touch your body ? What will Victor say ?
                Cute, Phil!! Actually, Vic hired him for me! Although Vic is MY "body" man, he's not a "car body" man, so his good friend, who does paint and body work for a living, is doing my car.

Comment

Not starting a project thread, Steve. Not that many people interested in an El Camino!

Comment

Lots of people are interested in El Caminos. Please keep the updates coming. Are you changing the interior color too?
                    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

You still didn't answer the question about the topper ....

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                        Are you changing the interior color too?
                        Answered early on ...
                        Interior will be changing eventually, going to black.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                          You still didn't answer the question about the topper ....
                          Sorry Steve!! Haven't had the camper top on for a good while. I have a tonneau cover on it now, like the one Ken has on Blue Streak. Mine is currently cream-colored, but will be dyed black to match the new interior.

Comment

She is turning out to be remarkably rust-free! Some minor stuff, but not anywhere near as bad as expected, thank goodness! Am debating whether to use spray-in bed liner. As much as we use the car, it would be much better than paint that would get scratched up when we haul stuff. I don't really want that much black, though. The guy doing the work said he can get it in a tintable version, and could make it the same color as the paint. Any suggestions or opinions?!

Comment

She is turning out to be remarkably rust-free! Some minor stuff, but not anywhere near as bad as expected, thank goodness! Am debating whether to use spray-in bed liner. As much as we use the car, it would be much better than paint that would get scratched up when we haul stuff. I don't really want that much black, though. The guy doing the work said he can get it in a tintable version, and could make it the same color as the paint. Any suggestions or opinions?!
                              Isn't the bed going to be covered up by your tonneau cover?

Comment

I just had the bed in my 86 c/10 done and I really like it. It is not as heavy as some I have seen and while it will be covered, I still like the fact that I can use it without damaging it. The way you and Victor use yours I would definitely go with a spray in liner. Just my two cents worth.
                                PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                                1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Working...
                                X