New horse soon to be in the barn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

And I'm thinking that it is just a flathead, Bob. They seemed to have lots of overheating problems.
    Goes with the no water pump design.....
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
      Goes with the no water pump design.....
      I've got a water pump.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

in addition to Speedway motors, check out Honest Charlies for flattie parts!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
          Think there flatty stuff at www.webrodder.com. Back in the 90s StreetRodder had a year long build article by Frank Oddo on the latest (@ the time) build info & parts.
          is it just me, or does the phrase "Latest Parts" for a Flathead amuse anybody else?
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            I've got a water pump.
            I'm sure you know you're gonna need 2. Don't forget the hidden mounting bolt inside the hose inlet on the bottom of the housing.........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well I picked up some new "modern" parts for Magoo today. This will be the base for a 50's style hot rod build.

I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Awesome! I may have a couple of questions about that bellhousing / clutch arrangement measurements if you have a couple of minutes to humor me? To be transparent, I'm looking at a Speedway T5 adapter for a (ahem) err... okay, a Kubota... the Ford flywheel / bell looks pretty close to an SAE bellhousing and the flywheel depth from clutch surface to flange on the bell is critical, as is the diameter of the bell where the transmission bolts up to it.

If you haven't seen it already and are interested, an S10 T5 is a bolt up more or less -

Comment

Well I picked up some new "modern" parts for Magoo today. This will be the base for a 50's style hot rod build.
                  Sweetness !!!

Comment

What measurements do you need Beags?
                    I R Bob

Comment

I sure do like what you are doing .What are you doing with the 4 banger?

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                        I sure do like what you are doing .What are you doing with the 4 banger?
                        Thanks Victor. I don't know what I'm going to do with old motor yet. I'll probably just try to sell it since I don't need it for anything.
                        I R Bob

Comment

Keep me in mind .I help keep up 14 model As that are in my Hillbillie Unit

Comment

What measurements do you need Beags?
                            Straight across the bolts on the bellhousing flange mounting bolt circle, trans side, center to center
                            Depth from bellhousing flange, trans side, to flywheel surface

Thanks Bob! I'm trying to see if the depth is close for a T5 to a Kubota and I'm speculating that the bellhousing flange is close to a #4 SAE bell, which is what the Kubota comes with. If it's close, I can use the Speedway adapter and save a ton of work and cash compared to the offerings out there right now. I'm trying not to spend more on the adapter than I spent on the motor. lol.

Comment

I help keep up 14 model A's that are in my Hillbillie Unit
                              I'd love to see some pics of this group Vic ... any chance ?

Comment

Keep me in mind .I help keep up 14 model As that are in my Hillbillie Unit
                                Absolutely Victor. I'll let you know about any stock parts I'm not going to use.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X