No announcement yet.

New horse soon to be in the barn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks to be a GREAT project! A really solid starting point for whatever way you choose to go with it!
    Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
    Gregg and Deb Miller
    Verona, Wi.

Comment

very nice Bob!

100hp hit would probably stomp the babbit out of it. How about a CHI headed 400? Or... go for broke?

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

What a bunch of enablers !!!

Comment

Just not having a Chevy in it will attract attention. I'd go for a 351C-4v my self where we're talking Ford, or an early 331 Hemi!
          LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Well I was messing with it again today. It overheats after driving about 15 minutes so I'm thinking the radiator is shot.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

go TV Tommy Ivo and put a Nailhead Buford??
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                go TV Tommy Ivo and put a Nailhead Buford??
                So I am going to hyjack the hell out of this thread.
                A long time ago (~1970) I was asked to help shake down a fuel harley at the Suffolk Va dragstrip. While I might have been a little less than honest when i filled out the entry form, the objection that the sanctioning body had was that I didn't have a fuel mask. They made me take of my bell star and go to a magnum helmet so I could wear an "old school" fuel mask. It just so happens that Tommy was there doing some exhibition passes and was willing to loan me one of his.

OK, this was before the days of rollers (or modern starting systems) - we pulled the harley at 50 mph coming back on the return lane to light if off on alcohol, then pulled into stage and turned on the fuel valve. This was an S&S stroker running 92% nitro / 8% benzene. It had one gear in the transmission (no neutral) and a 4" Avon slick. The bike had never been down the track so I was supposed to do an easy pass. It went 9.58 at 137mph on the first pass and I lost my ride. Seems even back then I didn't follow instructions well.

Now back to harassing boB about his combination.

Comment

Cool story !!!

Comment

Ok, well it looks like I'm going Flattie for Magoo. I've got a motor and tranny lined up. It's going to be slow but it will sound good.
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Flatties can provide big fun even tho they won't set any speed records compared to the Lightning. Just have fun & make it yours and the rest of us can drool.
                      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Have fun with it boB!! Are you going to put a T-5 behind it? Speedway Motors has a lot of parts to wake the Flattie up!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          Ok, well it looks like I'm going Flattie for Magoo. I've got a motor and tranny lined up. It's going to be slow but it will sound good.
                          Nice !!!

Comment

There was a guy years ago in a stock body A at Maxton that had an overhead valve head on the banger I saw it run 100 in the mile.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

I need to find some good resources for building flatheads.
                              I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                                Well I was messing with it again today. It overheats after driving about 15 minutes so I'm thinking the radiator is shot.
                                And I'm thinking that it is just a flathead, Bob. They seemed to have lots of overheating problems.
                                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                                X