Fall Colors Tour 2014 - October 10 & 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

Kathy and I will bring the traditional (well, once before) hot dogs to burn in the fire, this time we'll bring more, they went over pretty well last spring.

Also a foot note: I wouldn't expect to go though Lake Lure and Chimney Rock much faster (Ford or Chevy) than we did for Power Tour.......It's a popular road
    for "leaf watchers" in their SUV's and motorhomes during October.
    If you're bringing hot dogs, I could do chili and then it could be added to the hot dogs or just chili (I like frito chili pie)!

Comment

• Chili dogs with cheese and onions with cold beer, I might better call ahead and make reservations at the nearest ICU.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• I've been busy with family stuff and lost track of this thread... Took me a while to figure , the hows and wheres and whens of this trip hahahaha .
        (Typical BangShift, like herding cats , it was a fun read)

I had thought about it, but I'll be coming off a 7 day trip (for us) on the NorthEast Rod Run (a Saturday-Monday event) on the 7th of October.
        I'd be home one day then would have to hit the road on the 9th to make to the Gear head on the 10th.

Sound like allot of fun, but I'll have to look to the Spring tour. That should be posting soon probably Oct 13th.
        So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

• Sorry to hear you can't join us, Bill. Looking forward to seeing you on the Spring Blooms Tour!!
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Starting to remember how to play, like practice. That doesn't do any good, will never make it any better after all of these years. Have already made an executive decision. On top of the pile of get-us-arrested sound equipment will be one guitar. A $75 acoustic I bought when I was 14 years old. The one I taught myself how to play on. None of the exotic shiny fancy metal ones, just that one. I/we don't care anyhow. Not about that. Noise and chords and sound. That guitar has never played "out." Are we there yet? Koom-Bah-Yah on alcohol. HAHAHHAHAHAHH!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
              Alright, Calf Rope ! I don't generally involve my self in the mines bigger than yours banter but something came over me. The only car I'm usually concerned with is my own. Thanks for the ty-wrap Peewee
              I've gotta tell it. Perry pulled out of the Gear Head parking lot. I had only met Perry in person the evening before, before the immortal blast Friday night. So, Saturday morning Perry was driving the Vette and Big Dave was riding with him. Perry pulled out on the road and the engine quit, coasted right into the Puppy Doll Hourly Motel parking lot, or whatever it's called. I pulled in too, BangShift Brother in distress.

Perry threw open the hood, took the breather off....said, "I need a string, SOMETHING." Well, Red's floorboard was littered with all of the long ass ty-wraps (bread ties) I used to hold all of the cables together with for the PA band stuff. Threw them all in the floorboard while setting up. SCHWING! Really long ty-wrap.

Perry's face lit up, that said it all - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! He installed it and the Vette cranked right back up, back to the big adventure. Perry closed the hood and he and Big Dave were ready to motor again and Perry stopped before getting in the driver's seat.......and came back over to Red. He asked, "Why do you have those things in your car?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great tour moment. Gosh whatta heap of fun, every minute of the weekend. And we're gonna do it again.

Comment

• choke pull-off failure , don't ya just love old school
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Oh, public service reminder - everybody bring your favorite CD's for system setup and breaks between the us-generated madness. Diane, the Fogerty one was good, as an example. Can anybody recall when CD's were THE way to transport and enjoy music? I sure can......bring 'em.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• How about some Skynyrd?!
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                      How about some Skynyrd?!
                      Sure! What ever the crowd likes. It's about noise.

Comment

• Surely I didn't just hear you call Syknyrd "noise???!!!!

Comment

• Too bad White Monster isn't coming. He could bring his ABBA tapes!!

Comment

Surely I didn't just hear you call Syknyrd "noise???!!!!
                            Oh no Terri, WE will make "NOISE." Guaranteed.

Comment

Too bad White Monster isn't coming. He could bring his ABBA tapes!!
                              I did get their "Greatest Hits" on CD ... the 8-Tracks are getting a little scratchy.

Comment

• By the way, Steve, did you know that the first CD ever made was ABBA?! Can't believe you're finally giving up your 8-Tracks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X