No announcement yet.

Fall Colors Tour 2014 - October 10 & 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm bringing my rechargeable Q Beam so we do spotlight performances.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
      I'm bringing my rechargeable Q Beam so we do spotlight performances.
      Epic. Perfect. Just perfect. See there Perry, .... YEAH. Epic. There it is. That's perfect, heck yeah. Oh hell yeah. I'll have some walking money but I don't know about being able to bail the whole bunch of us out of the Whittier Jail (or the next nearest jail in that county). Okay, we're crossing that line. I'll lead. Let's go over that "line" of "reasonable."

Above all, let's just make sure Jim and Mary don't get arrested, too, when all of the rest of us do. That's the only thing. Oh hell yeah. Ohhhhh yeah. Dadgum golly dang this is gonna be a blast. I think and do belive all of us are "saving up" for this. I know I am. An explosion of off-the-wall fun. And we might drive some too. Oh heck yeah.

When we talk about hooking wires up and making noise and stuff, now we're into "my" world. I know how to do that stuff and we'll be bringing it. By the crap tons.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Terri, you asked me in April..."Did you leave anything at home?" (Music hardware)

It's got many (16) holes in it (places to plug in an input). Figuring that John and I will take up 4 channels from the get-go, harmonica and guitar and a mic for each of us. That's 4, which leaves only 2 for the whole rest of the Bangshift community on the little PA head. That won't do, need more noise. Inputs.

Peewee, I've got a stand alone amp and mic for me while I'm playing, and for someone else when I'm not. So that frees up 2 channels on your board for more mics, etc. John.

John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

Peewee, I've got a stand alone amp and mic for me while I'm playing, and for someone else when I'm not. So that frees up 2 channels on your board for more mics, etc. John.
          It's too late (mentally) John. BIG Board. The Titanic has been pushed away from the pier.

A couple things - first, I just love a harmonica, the sound of it. I tried it, could play one single song on it, I just LOVE a harmonica. I hope we can get into some real jam sessions while there. Gosh, I love a harp.

Second, we've got so many holes with the big board coming, it doesn't matter.

Third.....what do you mean "When you're not playing?" Sure, we all need time to drink. But, it's all or all this time. We'll have too many tools for fun for anybody to sit out when the racket is ongoing. It's all or all. And Perry seems to have outted himself from the "stage" by providing the spotlight idea.. A great idea. He'll have to be out there by the fire pit to do that, but he'll be alone. Everybody else plays something. Every song. I'm not bringing all of this stuff to not get used.

To tell the truth, I've never even used the big board like it should be used. A whole city's worth of sound. We can use it. It's there. Right there.

Comment

A couple things - first, I just love a harmonica, the sound of it. I tried it, could play one single song on it, I just LOVE a harmonica. I hope we can get into some real jam sessions while there. Gosh, I love a harp.
            You may change your mind after you hear me play amplified.

John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

You may change your mind after you hear me play amplified.
              You've heard me play - what can go wrong?

Comment

• Uhhh, the fire pit, I'd actually have to be across the street in Teddy Bears parking lot to use the Q Beam mabey not such a great idea, RETHINK!

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                  Uhhh, the fire pit, I'd actually have to be across the street in Teddy Bears parking lot to use the Q Beam mabey not such a great idea, RETHINK!
                  Wbat????You're staying at the Teddy Bear Inn.........is that going to be hourly.......

Seriously, I can't sing or play, but I can dance..................

Comment

It'll be SO great to meet you in person David. Yeah, that was me on the other end of the phone when y'all called from out west somewhere, dodging rumble strips going to get the Avanti. And ordered up a song about the trip....you'll see at the Gearhead how easy it is to conjure up a song, when everybody's in it especially.

Vic says, "We are staying at The Gearhead Inn And PeeWee is coming to Entertain us at nite." Vic's not completely right. WE will entertain us. Gosh that's fun. And Vic's pretty well over the top entertaining himself, as is everybody.....Vic's not completely right on that one point. I'll be bringing the tools for entertainment at night. We'll all be driving the entertainment during the day, except for Sue Unit and me. We'll be in the hauler. Gotta get the tools there somehow.

EDIT: Folks, I was hanging around the house one day, my cell phone rang. In the window, Dan Stokes. I was amazed. The whole time we were at the track in Ohio, my phone would not make Dan's phone ring. I tried more than once. Dan said his didn't ring. So, Dan's calling from way out west (we all knew on the forum they were on a mission). I answered, "Dan STOKES?!?!?!?!"

Nope, it was David, using Dan's phone. They were laughing, road trip high riding along. David told me what had happened so far, they wanted a song about it. I haven't thought about that one since then. Another jacked studio song.....wow, I'd all but forgotten about that song until right now. David, maybe we should get you to sing lead on this one at the Gear Head Bangshift concert:

http://www.weeville.com/PISSIN%20in%20Pasadena.mp3
                    PeeWee.....will be glad to meet you, Great Song BTW !!

Comment

• "Glad to hear you'll be joining us, Dave. Hope Celeste is coming too. You have to either sing or bring an instrument to play, or we'll make you wash everybody's car. The Gearhead has a special car-washing area!!! "
                      We are looking forward to it ! The last couple of years I had long term projects, out of town, hate that I missed out ! (I hope Celeste can make it but has heavy schedule with school & work.) I have ZERO talent, so I quess we be washing cars.................( @%&% I hope your joking )

Comment

• Another song, " At the car wash ". And NO I will not be staying across the street, besides I don't think I would qualify.
                        Last edited by corvettedad; September 16, 2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post

Seriously, I can't sing or play, but I can dance..................
                          Diane, can you clap your hands together? That's noise, too! Part of the BangShift Band. And if you can clap, you'll be holding a tambourine, yep, you'll be the one playing that.

Comment

Diane, can you clap your hands together? That's noise, too! Part of the BangShift Band. And if you can clap, you'll be holding a tambourine, yep, you'll be the one playing that.
                            You can't get by Peewee Diane , he got you! I'm still running back and forth.

Comment

I can clap while I dance..........

Perry, I think you will have to run back and forth if you're going to spend time in the Teddy Bear parking lot

Comment

• Ohhhhhhh Christmas in September. Noise. For 7 bucks apiece, they're worth a try. With long wires and mic stand holders. We're loaded now, well we WILL be loaded at the Gear Head. The karaoke mics with the wimpy little strings (as Perry alluded to) coming out of them, they have much less than the standard 250 mV line signal coming out of them. But if you plug them into a highZ input and turn the gain wide-ass open, they actually amplify. Toys. perfect.

If we bust one of these mics with the American sledgehammer whacking the piss out of the genuine wooden block, keeping time on "We Will Whack You," that'll be okay. But I'd hate to leave a bunch of shattered plastic on the ground there at the Gear Head that'll puncture somebody's tire later on.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by pdub; September 17, 2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X