No announcement yet.

Fall Colors Tour 2014 - October 10 & 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We may just become a legend at the Gearhead! Wonder if we should warn Jim & Mary?!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
      We may just become a legend at the Gearhead! Wonder if we should warn Jim & Mary?!
      Nope. They're "family." They're right there with us. That's the incredible beauty of the whole thing.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We may just become a legend at the Gearhead! Wonder if we should warn Jim & Mary?!
        When I called GHI and got Mary to get a room for this thing, she swore and declared that she and Jim sit around the fire pit singing "No Help" all the time ever since we were there.

That tells me a few things:

1. They sure as heck enjoyed us being there

2. They're easily entertained.

3, Maybe we had so much fun, they caught onto it

4. I'm not sure what the 4th thing is, but we need to go back and do it even better this time. If Jim and Mary want to run a zoo, we can sure bring them one. Without a license to operate one.

Comment

• I think our group qualifies as a zoo and an insane asylum all rolled into one! Guess we'll just have to be known as the "crazy party animals"!
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• I'm SOOO jacked up for this...are we there yet? Seriously. And Unit's coming, too. Yep. A greater time will never be had. It's not Gearhead Part 2. It's a whole nuther story entirely and we'll make it happen. We'll set the new benchmark for fun. Dang, are we there yet?

Comment

• This could just possibly be more fun than PT, and no traffic jams, either!

Comment

• Terri, check your PMs, I changed a few words to the anthem to make them rhyme. I've gotta have rhymes and annunciation. I think we've got it, that's a wrap - weld it. And I've got a couple more verses to ad-lib as well.

Updated list:

One F150 load of universal noise and wires: peewee
                Tambourine and maracas: peewee
                Washtub bass: hmmmmm that might be a bit much
                Washboard: Terri
                Genuine wooden block: peewee
                Authentic American sledgehammer to whack the piss out of the wooden block with: peewee
                Steel pots and wooden spoons: Who?
                Kazoos: Who?
                Cowbell: Terri
                Harmonicas: John
                Anything else that makes noise: Who?
                Last edited by pdub; September 1, 2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Dang ...

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                    Dang ...
                    Dang what Steve?

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Terri, check your PMs, I changed a few words to the anthem to make them rhyme. I've gotta have rhymes and annunciation. I think we've got it, that's a wrap - weld it. And I've got a couple more verses to ad-lib as well.

Updated list:

One F150 load of universal noise and wires: peewee
                      Tambourine and maracas: peewee
                      Washtub bass: hmmmmm that might be a bit much
                      Washboard: Terri
                      Genuine wooden block: peewee
                      Authentic American sledgehammer to whack the piss out of the wooden block with: peewee
                      Steel pots and wooden spoons: Who?
                      Kazoos: Who?
                      Cowbell: Terri
                      Harmonicas: John
                      Anything else that makes noise: Who?
                      Sounds good Peewee. I wasn't worried about rhyming, since the original song didn't rhyme, but I like your changes! Will type it up and make several copies, so everybody can sing along! I also have a very unique musical instrument/noisemaker that I'm bringing. I think you'll really like it!

Comment

I also have a very unique musical instrument/noisemaker that I'm bringing. I think you'll really like it!
                        I like it already, and I don't even know what it is! Whatta hoot!

Folks, here's what Terri and I came up with for the Gearhead Anthem. A total collaboration, playing off of each other's input. She laid these words down and I sanded around the edges. Yes, this will work. First thing out of the box and everybody's gotta be in on it. No slackers! Shoot, maybe we'll just do this all night.

We're just Bangshifters our cars make noise
                        Drivin' down the street all the girls and boys
                        Pourin' beer in our face
                        A big disgrace
                        Raisin' some hell at the Gearhead Place

We will we will WHACK YOU
                        we will we will WHACK YOU

Got a cowbell and a washboard's good
                        A big sledgehammer to whack some wood
                        Pourin' beer in our face
                        A big disgrace

Sittin' round the fire gettin' "No Help"
                        Gettin' pretty drunk , we'll all gonna yell
                        Pourin' beer in our face
                        A big disgrace

Last edited by pdub; September 1, 2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
                          Dang what Steve?
                          Dang ... it sounds like it's gonna be a great time and I'm missing it again !

Comment

• I've got my ABBA shirt all pressed and ready to go ...

Comment

• Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                              Dang ... it sounds like it's gonna be a great time and I'm missing it again !
                              I'm full of bullcrap and I gush a whole lot, but I can't gush enough about how much fun the BS gathering was at Gearhead in April. Friday night was a riot, and I was so burned out....Jim and Mary on Saturday morning both said, "You're going to make music again tonight, right?" Ohhhh ewwwwwww do we HAVE to? Well, Saturday night after we got through being stupid I was actually dizzy. I mean high, like an oxygen infusion. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

And we had a total blast at our house when the Power Tour came through Chattanooga, but I was pretty distracted, bent on feeding everybody via a caterer. At the Gearhead, Big Dave asked me, "peewee, where was all this music stuff when we were at your house?"

My bad. I wasn't thinking, not at all. Not that night.
                              Last edited by pdub; September 1, 2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Hey Peewee, you excited?
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X