Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many long Haulers were there this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many long Haulers were there this year?

I heard the guy say there were 20% more than last year but didn't say how many there were last year.
    Seemed like more than 20% more to me....
    Danford1

It was all the one dayers involved this year(all the windsheild stickers I looked at).....plus I felt more families showed up for the last 2 days as a compromise family vacation.......2 day on the Power Tour and saturday ad sunday family in the Dells.............
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by danford1 View Post
      I heard the guy say there were 20% more than last year but didn't say how many there were last year.
      Think he said 20% more than expected.
      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Hot Rod has put on their website that there were 844 pictures of Long Haulers that showed up on Saturday. Now, the total number of Long Haulers can be very manipulated. For example, I know of at least a dozen people that only did 2-3 legs, but registered as a Long Hauler so they could get all the free gifts and it would be cheaper versus registering every day as a single participate.
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

It sure seemed like more than 844 people there. If you mean 844 pictures taken by the Hot Rod bus, than that was only at one exit point. A lot of people got their signs and left before the group picture down the hill. My guess is they only captured pictures of the cars that went out that exit point, not all exits.
          Danford1

Comment

Originally posted by danford1 View Post
            It sure seemed like more than 844 people there. If you mean 844 pictures taken by the Hot Rod bus, than that was only at one exit point. A lot of people got their signs and left before the group picture down the hill. My guess is they only captured pictures of the cars that went out that exit point, not all exits.
            Danford1
            And that's what happened. 844 of us had our picture taken but a lot of people left the venue after getting their Long Hauler signs.

Comment

The article also said guys just left without getting a picture taken. They are supposed to announce the number of long haulers later.
              Danford1

Comment

I spoke with the people who gave out the Long Haul stuff Saturday and they said that there were 1800 long haulers and 5500 cars total that registered.
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Are they counting the people that didn't bother going on Saturday? Four of us hit the road instead of getting stuck trying to get out of Chula Vista.

Comment

Getting OUT of Chula Vista was the easy part - getting in sucked. I boogied quick without a bus pic, been there, done that. Bus pic count is far from accurate. I was third in one of the lines to get the sign and gone after I found Josh to give him his delaminated hood - then home in 8 hrs. to sleep in a familiar bed in a new crib though. I'd still do it all again, and will.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

It looked like more people left before the picture than stayed for it. Phil, I agree and we are ready to go again!
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

not sure about the long haulers count (2000 ?)....anyway, the stop in Crown Point, Indiana, had about 5000+ total (they shut down the fairgrounds later in the day)......getting into the venues was certainly a cluster......my engine guy says, what the hell happened to the clutch?.....I said....have you ever sat in traffic, for seven days, for an hour and a half?......then in Ohio, I meet a trooper at a rest stop.......see www.google.com (search "the best and the worst of the hot rod power tour")......I don't think that the trooper knew that my trunk lock was frozen.....so much for my tools.....rexx!
                        Last edited by rexdogg; June 17, 2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Hey Rexdogg,

Vic and I passed you on the way to Chicago on Saturday, I waved at you, but don't think you recognized us!!! Crown Point was bad, but getting into Wisconsin Dells was the mother of all clusters!!! Took us 2 1/2 hours to travel 5 miles. I was not a happy camper!
                          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I did recognize you.....hope you had a safe trip home......remember you from the quilt you did......rexx!

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                              I did recognize you.....hope you had a safe trip home......remember you from the quilt you did......rexx!
                              The quilt and the can coolers.
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                              X