Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Ron

Please add 1 car - as always it needs to be a maybe this far out but IF I make it this year I will be in town Thursday night.
    You are added
    Ron Reidell
    56 F100
    2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
      We are set up with Go-Pro Motorplex for Friday afternoon after the VA Hospital visit. We will be the only ones racing during our time slot.. This will be fun. I also have decided the routes to take both to and from the VA home. It will be a nice ride.

Keep an eye on the starting line party's thread for more information on that end.
      Are you allowing a bit of time to slip over to the track & pick up credentials? I am assuming that will be over at the track on Friday. Probably till 4:00 or 5:00.
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

How much is the cart racing going to run per person? Adults? Child?

Comment

Please count me in on this too cannot make the morning session but will be at the VA Hospital. I really want my two boys to see this even though they are little and might not understand I want them to know who the true Hero's are. Thank You for putting this on.

Comment

Originally posted by low-psi View Post
            Please count me in on this too cannot make the morning session but will be at the VA Hospital. I really want my two boys to see this even though they are little and might not understand I want them to know who the true Hero's are. Thank You for putting this on.
            You are on the list low-psi. cant wait to meet you and the boy's

chevy Girl should I put you on the list also
            Ron Reidell
            56 F100

Comment

I was planning on going to Z Max on Saturday morning to get credentials. Concord is a disaster on Fridays. I would not go anywhere near there. The racing will be $75 per person as of now. I am still working through a few details with them. There will be more detail in the next week or two.

Comment

Yes please add me to the list. The va home visit is something very special to us this year. The va in reno found my husband's fathers metals that was in a shadow box 21 years after he retired. He has been gone for 16 years now and the shadow box and certificate for crossing the equator was returned to our family this past Wednesday!!! Im really wanting for my son to take this time to see how great these people are. Even if it came from reno va chapter and not a va home. My son will be 8 this year and on his 7th power tour!

Comment

Thanks Linda, especially today it is truly important to remember. Jeremiah Denton has passed away, for those that do not remember was a prisoner in North Vietnam for 71/2 years. When he was put in front of the cameras for a propaganda film he enraged his captors by not only declairing his loyalty to the US but by blinking out the work "torture" in Morse code. His torture increased from that day until his release in 1973. I remember watching the news broadcast or their release, Denton was the senior officer released, in his speech that day he stated "We are profoundly grateful to our commander-in-chief and to our nation for this day. God bless America. A true American hero we should never forget.
                  Ron Reidell
                  56 F100

Comment

Recommended attire for rental kart racing is casual clothing. CLOSED-TOE SHOES are a requirement. We provide helmets and neck collars. We also recommend bringing heavy jackets and winter gloves for cold weather.

Recommended attire for rental kart racing is casual clothing. CLOSED-TOE SHOES are a requirement. We provide helmets and neck collars. We also recommend bringing heavy jackets and winter gloves for cold weather.

Comment

This is for the go cart track: Call Mark, 704-696-2926 ext 209 and use the code below or tell him you are with Bangshift.com. It is $75 per person, we need 18 people to preregister at a minimium. There will be at least 2 races, probably around twelve minutes each. The track is about .7 of a mile long.
                      In order to expedite the registration process for each participant, we ask that you to distribute this link (http://mmmooresville.clubspeedtiming.../register.aspx) to all participants. This allows the participant to pre-register and create a "Racer Profile" in our system.
                      Please use registration code: 32280

No open toe shoes while racing. They provide helmets and neck collars. Spectators do not have any fees to watch.

Comment

I'm registered, now we only need 17 more.
                        Ron Reidell
                        56 F100

Comment

I'm posting this for Lars. For some reason he is having trouble posting to this site, anyway the plan for Friday morning is now to meet at Roush Yates Parts, 122 Knob Hill Rd., Mooresville NC 28117. Their phone # is (704) 662-6982.
                          We will meet at about 9:00 am and they open at 7:00 if you want to go early and look around. We will start the tours from there.

For those that are not going in the morning I plan to be at the VA home about 12:30 to direct everyone in. I will post directions again as we get closer and post my cell number for those that get lost.

Of course after the show there's the kart racing and the party that evening, cant wait to see everyone. We have about 26 cars that have stated they will be at the show, if you are thinking of going let me know, if you haven't already, so I can give them an approximate count.
                          Ron Reidell
                          56 F100

Comment

I'm registered for kart racing
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Well as soon as I can get to a home computer ( mine at home is dead and I can't register from my phone ) I'm going to let my oldest son Robert carry the family flag into battle at the cart race. He is still a little green behind the wheel but if he drives it like his 4-wheeler look out. But as Big Dave so elegantly put it all he has to bring back is the steering wheel.
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I registered for Kart Racing -
                                I assume Go Pro is the same as Mooresville Motorplex ? Just a new name ?
                                Last edited by 70chevyC-10; April 21, 2014, 07:55 AM.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X