Spring Blooms Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diane View Post
    So I finally gave up on having my original screen name and log in work. I'm no longer dianeokie, just diane.
    I noticed that change on the other thread...Welcome back

FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

Comment

• 2 Days to go, good to see your back on the forum Diane
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• 2 days. It looks like the Nova is going to sit this one out. So don't laugh at my Mustang it looks just like every other one out there. With the gas prices going up and this being a 1400 mile 3 day weekend. I think I can save a little gas money to do a few more things to my Nova before the Power Tour. I think I have mapped it out where We are getting on the Blue Ridge at mile post 384 just east of Asheville and going to run about 85 miles on the Parkway. Does anyone know if the trees and flowers are blooming yet around that area?

Comment

So I finally gave up on having my original screen name and log in work. I'm no longer dianeokie, just diane.
          Sorry about your difficulties, we are still looking into it ... did you reply to Chad's email yesterday ?

Comment

So I finally gave up on having my original screen name and log in work. I'm no longer dianeokie, just diane. Looking forward to Friday and Spring Blooms tour. The jello shots are made and ready to go. Thinking of putting a Boston Butt in the crock pot for Saturday.............possibly pulled pork tacos?
            Gosh, mountains, road trip, beer, hotrods AND food? Nobody has very much even mentioned food Diane. Beer is food, but it's not, so....I don't believe a crock pot will fit into Red with all the music stuff. what a grand concept. I'll throw money at it, or they say there's communal grilling available at the Gearhead Inn. Hmmmm....Maybe we should talk about food.

No, wait....beer is food.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

So I finally gave up on having my original screen name and log in work. I'm no longer dianeokie, just diane. Looking forward to Friday and Spring Blooms tour. The jello shots are made and ready to go. Thinking of putting a Boston Butt in the crock pot for Saturday.............possibly pulled pork tacos?
              Well "just Diane" glad to here your still on board and bringing food! Well I'm kinda like Peewee I thought Beer was food but the crock pot sounds intriguing I've got one some where in my kitchen mabey this will inspire me. Checked the weather right now Saturday and Sunday are sunny and 78, could this be true? Man, beautiful weather, Hot Rods, Beer, Good friends, and food! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Yes, can't wait. It's looking now that we should do live music Saturday night. After the whatever all day Saturday. Friday it's gonna rain. We'll all of us be driving to get there Friday in the rain, according to the forecast. Can't set up music equipment outside in the rain. Saturday will be a glorious day in the mountains.

And I'm guessing I'll be "performing" for y'all on my own Saturday evening, looks like Kim (Harpslinger) won't make it. I've got a few songs, not much at all, but I've got a CD player and a few CD's that can fill in the gaps. Bring your favorite CD's if anybody still has any. We'll have noise to go with it all.

Comment

• Good times, We leave tonight and drive about 1/2 way. This is going to be a great trip. They say getting there is half the fun. Well I have done some sherching and the last 100 miles are going to be stop and go. We are going to pick up the Blue Ridge at mile post 384. Jump off at 455 and check out the Soco Falls. then back on the parkway till the end and then find the Mingo Falls around Cherokee. I don't think there is a plan for Saturday yet. But I would like to maybe hit the tial of the dragon and the Skyway. And maybe check out The Wheels of Time Museum. But we can figure that out at friday around the fire pit. See you all soon.

Comment

• Will be leaving around noon and staying the night in Atlanta....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• I'll see all of you folks tomorrow, Red and I will be getting there mid-afternoon if I can stand it to wait that long to start driving. What an epic gathering. Yeah.

Comment

• Just got to lake (just 20 miles south of Auburn ) and I'm running on adrenaline and Budweiser, worked off midnights this morning and hadn't laid down yet going on 26hrs. Yeah I'm wound up for this trip. The Vette did ok, didn't get but about 14 miles a gallon carb is acting up. Like I've said this is the last run for the tired motor and trans, but she's still a kick to drive . Oh, Ed if you happen to read this your more than welcome to stay here for the night I've got two extra beds ( twins). Dave can vouch for their comfort. See y'all tomorrow afternoon 1or to 3

Comment

• PM me if want to I'll have my phone with me

Comment

• Yes, Novadriver, things are blooming up on the Park Way. You'll enjoy the ride! Just checked the weather and Friday's rain should end around 1 pm,
                            0% chance after 3pm, partly sunny and 70 at 6pm. Now they're sayin' sunny and low 80's for Sat and Sun. Hope it's not too hot for you Northerners.
                            We won't be coming in 'til Fri. evening, stoppin' at a vintage bike show on the way up to the Gearhead. Lookin' forward to seein' everyone. John 'n Kathy
                            Last edited by papasmurf587; April 24, 2014, 06:39 PM.
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Are we there yet???
                              PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                              1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

• I am
                                Where is everybody

Comment