No announcement yet.

Woodward Dream Cruise 2013, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocker stud carnage before Dream Cruise!

30 miles out of Detroit heard a slight clink-ding-clink and then the engine was missing. Pulled into a rest stop and found no valve train noise low or high idle, thinking is was electrical I continued on to make a friend’s house off Woodward. Heard a valve noise again just as I was getting on 11 mile off 696. Now I’m limping it down 11 mile oh so slowly. Now I’m hoping a poly lock came loose and the rocker is floating around. Get to friends house and pull off valve cover and the rocker falls down into the header. Good I’m thinking so far, and then I see the snapped rocker stud. Good news is I was in Detroit before 1 pm on Friday.
    Stopped at Joe’s Auto on 11 mile and they did not have the stud but the shop they use on 10 mile most likely does. My buddy who knows the area was getting the directions as I was purchasing the only socket I did not bring 5/8” deep and we went on our way to the shop.
    Gave the guy at the counter the broken stud, he said he will check if he has one. As we were waiting we had seen a few racing trophies and Wally’s on one wall and pictures of some AMX’s on another. Told my buddy someone here won some NHRA Wally’s but not sure of the class. Guy comes back with the stud, he said he found one in a odds and ends box and said not sure if it will work but that is all he had and said no guarantees but you can just have it for free. I said I have to give you something? He said no, it’s yours have great day!

Got the car up and running in 1-1/2 hours and $7.68 in parts. Sealant and socket. Thank you old time parts shop guy!

I was working on Angie’s car last Sunday and noticed the card I took from the shop to thank them later and it said Booth Automotive, as in Wally Booth Automotive! Holy cow I could not believe I was in Wally’s Booths shop. Duh, I wish I had put this all together faster so I could take some pictures but had getting my car going on my mind.
    Thank you Booth Automotive on 10 mile for your great generosity and help. Thank you Mr. Parts counter guy (name I did not get) for looking in every nook and cranny!

I’ll never forget it!

Chuck & Angie

"I live with fear and danger every day, & sometimes she lets me go racing"

Long Hauler 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016

Comment

you just can't make that stuff up......that's great!
      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
        you just can't make that stuff up......that's great!
        spoken by the man who should know

I have been near some of his many mis-adventures
        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
        2012 Northeast Rod Run
        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
          spoken by the man who should know

I have been near some of his many mis-adventures
          agreed......Mike (173rd) has patched it together more times than not, a real trooper, kept it going somehow.......a tribute to courage and fortitude.......

Comment

We went to a funeral today and drove through Pontiac on the way home. Still much evidence of the Woodward Dream Cruise all over the roads. Lots of black lines! Wonder where they all came from? You can really tell the areas near where all the spectators were sitting close to the road.
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Thank you Allen for the report, you receive an A for your detailed and well written with good grammar and punctuation. Woodward is still on my to do sometime in the future list of automotive activities to attend. Pictures would have netted an A+....... Thank you!!
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I can't believe none of you guys had a camera.........
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

HaHa your funny Ed, he has to learn how to put them on the computer Maybe I should help him out?
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                    HaHa your funny Ed, he has to learn how to put them on the computer Maybe I should help him out?
                    Oh please Donna, show him how!!
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

there's some pix linked on another thread......

The strip had a nice race/show. Western Fuel Altered's Nitro cars / Alky cars plus a nice sized show. The pics are not great due to the suns position and my
                      Last edited by rexdogg; August 25, 2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dave.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Someday !!!! Someday !!!! Someday.......I will get there..But thanks for all the pictures..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

2013 Woodward Here's a couple pictures of some shady characters seen on Woodward.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by papasmurf587; July 23, 2014, 06:02 PM.
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Had to go back 9 pages on the forum to find a thread on The Woodward Dream Cruise? Is any one going this year 2014? It's less than a month away. Kathy and I are taking an additional day this year and gonna be up there Wednesday August, 13th. Even though they bill it as the Worlds Largest One Day Car Cruise (40,000 cars), it starts the weekend before and goes all week long, especially in the evenings.
                              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I'll be up there again.....should be there by Thursday p.m........rexx!

Comment

Working...
                                X