Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Shakedown run today and all good.

That sure is a good looking car.,
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion. Safe travels.
      My S10 had that problem. It was really hard to start. Seemed like a dead battery but just had to twist key really hard. Anti theft!

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
        I just had the same problem with the Pinto ended up frying the solenoid starter cables and battery and almost burnt the car down a couple of times.
        Cable touched manifold and the car died in the street. It was right in front of the house, so not too bad.

Comment

• I'm in the midst of a PCS move, garage is already moved to WA state, but moved the car to the forward base in MO (Parent's place). I swapped in some factory repro bracketry spacers for the A/C to curb the throwing of the A/C belts that I had last year, and also swapped in a new top switch after the original died in Austin last year.

Other than that, I've got two shakedown runs on her and she should be ready. Running fine and the A/C is working well. (My two kids will be doing the first leg to IA this year).

I won't be able to make the Long Haul this year and will be breaking off after STL in order to get to WA on time, and should be within 3 hours of home base the entire trip, so hopefully all goes well.
          Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
          1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
          2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

• I plan to head home after St. Louis too. I have to return to work on Saturday at 3am. I won't have time to go to KY. I usually only do two or three stops anyway. First time starting on day one.
            Got the el camino started with the new TBI setup. Only leak was the vent line from the tank. The rubber part was old and crapped out. I didn't change/check it because I thought it was perma-clamped onto the hard line. Oh well. I printed out my reservations.

Comment

• All I need to do is fire that mother up!!!
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Earl gets new oil and filter tomorrow.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bullet gets inspected and fueled tomorrow nite.....
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Forgot I won't have internet access once I leave home. Usually isn't that big of a deal. Just need all the addresses and whatnot so I know where to go and when. Coming home Saturday makes for a long drive to Iowa Sunday. But saves $$ I guess? Maybe it's the principle of being a cheap skate.

Comment

• Got EFI kit in and car started but vent line leaked, got a new line. Computer has zero miles on self-learn and I just remembered the POS stick on weights fell off the left front wheel(too much tire slime?) That and no A/C or rubber in doors or windows. Looks like I will just take DD and go. Is anyone going to Chux Trux? I am headed that way shortly.

Comment

• Transmission 200 4R broke on test drive.
                        Time will tell.

I really really really hate to bring Plan B !

I have rebuild kit just need mechanic.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                          Transmission 200 4R broke on test drive.
                          Time will tell.

I really really really hate to bring Plan B !

I have rebuild kit just need mechanic.
                          My 200 quit on 2012 tour. Builder took it apart in two minutes and found no damage. Its likely the converter gave out. It was a remaned one that came with the rebuilt/remaned transmission. Went back to my 350. Car hasn't left town since. With the 373 gears it doesn't like to go more than 60mph. Someday it will make at least one stop on the tour. Maybe I can drive it to drag week in St. Louis.

Comment

• Just updated my GPS. Lifetime maps= Back home tonight then leave for real in the morning.

Comment

• Getting trans done now!

Comment

• I was never planning on making it this year, but if it goes east/south next year I'm going, maybe even it goes north... I just finished up the mod the car has needed on the 2014/15/16 tours I went on, a big ass radiator! Moved from the stock 17" to a 1969 24" 3 row.

So, she's all ready for next year now! lol
                                1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                                1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                                1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X