Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raining so hard here last night that we didn't even try to get the Camaro trailered to my cousins shop to repair the gas tank mounts. Finally got it there today but he had two graduations to go to so it will get done on Sunday. While I am finishing up the new bathroom in our rental.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• New oil pan installed with Fel-Pro gasket. Motor goin back in 2morow. Replaced Relay for fuel sender which had taken a dump. Gona freshen up paint on the block and water pump. Then get out and drive it...
      69 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by A BAD SS View Post
        New oil pan installed with Fel-Pro gasket. Motor going back in 2morow. Replaced Relay for fuel sender which had taken a dump. Gonna freshen up paint on the block and water pump. Then get out and drive it...
        One piece pan gaskets are nice although expensive. Carb flooded and ate the new paint off mine. Need to build fuel hoses and install o2 sensor. Got swivel water neck today; maybe I won't need a new top hose that way.

Comment

• It took all day today for my cousin to get the gas tank mounts repaired. When he started grinding away all of the rust he discovered that they had pumped the area around the front of the mounts full of silicone sealer. That's a new one on me. I have seen holes filled with bondo, but not silicone. He just cut it all out & welded patch panels in. So it is fixed right. Short of replacing the whole trunk floor.

Comment

• The Cutlass passed it's road test on Friday night and we put about 100 miles on it this weekend. We still need to tweak the shift points and converter lockup, but it seems to be running good.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Dyno tuned my Camaro on Saturday and everything was great, then it spectacularly failed it's road test on Sunday. #6 intake rocker came loose during the test drive. I fixed it, but something inside is still ticking. The lifters look okay from what I can see, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I have a bad feeling that my Power Tour just came to an end before it even started.

Comment

• Originally posted by CueBall View Post
                Dyno tuned my Camaro on Saturday and everything was great, then it spectacularly failed it's road test on Sunday. #6 intake rocker came loose during the test drive. I fixed it, but something inside is still ticking. The lifters look okay from what I can see, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I have a bad feeling that my Power Tour just came to an end before it even started.
                ​Things are not looking to good also. I cannot figure out this bad vibration in my driveline.

Comment

• wax on...wax off...valve stems and alignment check. pack and gas. leak checks...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by 502ChevelleSS View Post

​Things are not looking to good also. I cannot figure out this bad vibration in my driveline.
                    I'm going to make a blood sacrifice to the car gods tonight, for the both of us.

Have you checked the angles for the trans and rear end and made sure they're within spec? I know that causes problems a lot of the time, even if everything is balanced correctly.

Comment

• After doing some cruising around this past weekend, it looks like my alternator (regulator I think) may be going bad. I read somewhere in a post a while back that Powermaster was not good, but cannot find that post anymore.
                      I'd like to find one with at least 80-100 amps output. Recommendations?
                      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                      79 Trans Am project
                      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• I am VERY happy with my Performance Alternator out of Pennsylvania. It isn't quite that small but I am sure they make lower amp versions as well.

Comment

• I had a couple of hours extra(?) after I finished for the day on the rentals new bathroom. So I thought that I would see how far I could get on swapping the old, rusty fuel line in the Camaro for the new stainless one. This picture shows the two pieces of the old line after I got it out.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Camaro fuel line.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	1159696
                          No, I did not break it taking it out. ​Note the rubber hose & hose clamps. It had most likely sprung a leak so someone cut that section out & put the hose in. So evidently even Minnesota has cobble mechanics. But after an hour or so of fighting the new line between & around everything from the exhaust to the subframe, I discovered that they sent me the wrong fuel line clips & clamps.

Comment

• There be plenty o' cobblers hereabouts.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Plenty of them here too Jim. And this kind of thing makes me think that I might want to take a closer look at the things that "appear" to be done right on this car. But then what the hell, I have nothing but time on my hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Camaro View Post
                                Note the rubber hose & hose clamps. It had most likely sprung a leak so someone cut that section out & put the hose in. So evidently even Minnesota has cobble mechanics. But after an hour or so of fighting the new line between & around everything from the exhaust to the subframe, I discovered that they sent me the wrong fuel line clips & clamps.
                                I've not worked on any Camaros of that vintage but I seem to recall my 73-74 Novas having a 2 piece fuel line from the factory. That being said, I should probably check the rubber section by the tank as well as the one in the middle. They're probably originals.
                                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                                79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X