Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got several parts for the trans upgrade... removed the front bumper and will be starting on it in two shakes...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Got gas at Oasis on Toll road. Now car Surges and shuts off. Gota siphon all that gas out because I believe it has water in it. Also, check inline fuel filter for debris...Then get new gas and add sum 110 octane & get out and do sum driving.....
      69 SS

Comment

• The gas in my car is at least six months old. I filled it up right before parking it and tearing into the engine. Need to run it through and start fresh. Sta bil helps.

Comment

• Just bought a FItech setup on ebay. Now I have to hope I get outbid on the other part I looked at. Sold a core support on craigslist. That helps with the $.

Comment

• Hopefully I can get Sean to post some pix of the progress....
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Got under car today. Starter bolts were loose. Installed new radiator and pressure tested it. Top hose was loose. Now it Holds 17lbs of pressure just fine...Wasnt bad gas that caused surging, vent tube had worked its way loose from top of tank. So in-tank electric fuel pump would pump gas out the vent hole. Gona drop the tank, install new clamps, and lm sure problem will be solved. Also will check fuel gauge grounds while tank is down...And check inline fuel filter too....
              69 SS

Comment

• Hoping to have the truck in color by the Sunday night, then it just needs completely reassembled, interior, wireing, glass, etc.

Comment

• Hoping to see my engine back from the machine shop this weekend
                  HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

• AIR
                    - pressure in one tire
                    - conditioned in the cabin

Comment

• I was feeling under the gun by not having my interior put together and taking my first test drive last Saturday, but you guys that are missing entire engines, wiring, glass, etc. have made me feel a lot better about my current status. I just hope I don't break down somewhere in the 1,800 miles between my house and Kansas City!

Comment

• Well....Just when u think it's all done...bang. Just aquired a bad vibration in the driveline. Won't have time til next week to look at it. Thinking it is in the rearend. Posi is worn so maybe time for a rebuild. In other news. All gauges done. Exhaust done. Rear coilovers adjusted. Just meed to fix fuel gauge and get to alignment shop.

Comment

• Well, now that I have decided that the Camaro is back to plan "A" I can narrow it down to..............

1. Drop the old, leaking gas tank & install the new stainless steel gas tank, 2. Change out Victor Jr. & big Holley for a dual plane intake & a more reasonable carb, 3. Pull all of the drums & check out the brakes, 4. Repack the front wheel bearings while at it, 5. Pull the Turbo 350 & convert the car to 4-speed. 6. Swap out the automatic shift column for a floor shift one. Believe it or not I already have everything to do what I listed. Except for that pesky "time" thing. So it'll keep me busy for a little bit.
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Good luck with your projects! I now have a fuel or ignition problem, car won't start. Hope to have time to look at it next week.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Spent most of the day getting the leaking gas tank out of the Camaro. Working around taking Laura out for Mothers Day breakfast, Mason's soccer game & doing it on the dove tail of a hotter than hell car trailer that it is presently residing on. Also decided that I better replace the fuel line while I am at it. So two steps forward & one back?
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• My package was delivered three days sooner than expected. They couldn't leave it without a signature, so of course they were early. UPS not US mail like ebay said. Didn't have a tracking number so couldn't see when it would be here. Left a slip that says I have to go get it after one pm tomorrow. I was home at 130. Imagine if you worked till 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X