Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its always something. Getting car ready for exhaust and was putting new rims and tires on. Grab right rear tire and oh whats this? Slimey and wet. Closer look.... Wheel cylinder leaking. Brake shoes covered and do you think line would come loose?. Well looks like rear brake job this week. Next sunday hauling up to get exhaust done. Getting close........

Comment

• I did back brakes and springs then the cylinders leaked. Then I kept leaving the park brake on and the shoes cracked. Third time's the charm.

Comment

• Timing appears to be off a few degrees. Car diesels a bit under heavy throttle. New gauges installed. Oil pressure sensor leak resolved. Drive time needed this week...ignition switch installed and functioning well....oil pan bolts need to be torqued to spec....Ask me how l no.....re-checked all radiator hose clamps after engine heat/cold cycles..
        69 SS

Comment

• Still need to assemble my motor and change rear gears out, new shifter, power rack is now done, just need to figure out brackets for the power steering pump for a short water pump.
          If not done I will take my back up to the tour.

Comment

• Oil pressure
            HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

• Just tap on your gauges until they say what you want.

Comment

• Comment

• I just drove mine with open headers. It was only a few blocks. Just needed the pipes reshaped to fit shorty headers instead of manifolds. It was just down the street from work and around midnight. Left it at shop and walked to work. Did about the same when the brakes didn't work.

Comment

• My Camaro is getting so, so close to finished. It needs an alignment and a couple of other small mechanical things. Then I need to tune the carb, install the door panels, and put in the stereo. That should be enough for me to do some shakedown runs and put on some miles so that I can dyno tune it next month.

Edit: Well, I thought I was just about done. Found out yesterday that the front seal on the transmission is leaking. Looks like it needs to come back out for repair. I'm considering just swapping in a 700R4 instead of fixing the TH350.
                    Last edited by CueBall; April 5, 2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• A few odds & in's
                      69 SS

Comment

• removed my thrd member today for a gear change

Comment

• Got my power washer out only to find something chewed the cord in half. Wanted to clean my deck so I could try painting it.

Comment

• Seems like my car is always two steps forward, one step back. Got it back from having the transmission fixed ($1700 later!) and started to wire up the stereo. While I was under the dash, I noticed that the blower motor was unplugged. Tried to plug it in and the damn plug fell INTO the blower housing. Now I'm going to have to remove half of the dash and pull out the entire housing, fix it, then put it all back together again. <sigh>

Comment

• I tested mine when changing the heater core and it didn't work after I put it together. Wiring or whatnot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CueBall View Post
                                Seems like my car is always two steps forward, one step back. Got it back from having the transmission fixed ($1700 later!) and started to wire up the stereo. While I was under the dash, I noticed that the blower motor was unplugged. Tried to plug it in and the damn plug fell INTO the blower housing. Now I'm going to have to remove half of the dash and pull out the entire housing, fix it, then put it all back together again. <sigh>
                                common guys - the only blower motor you need is the one that is below that thing sticking out of the hood

Comment

Working...
                                X