Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Just decided that we will be making the trip to KC for the opportunity to be with our good friends... The bullet needs: new valve stems, struts with all the associated parts, springs, BMR control arms, exhaust resonator and mufflers, transmission filter, fluid change and cooler (she got hot trying to keep up with Alan (cstmwgn) in the West Virginia mountains) with a remote filter, shift kit, maybe a bigger rear sway bar, additional gauges, wiper blades, and, new speakers... We'll have to get busy...
    I like (and agree) with your definition of "NEED"

Comment

• Originally posted by 67Camaro3pedals View Post
      Well I may have the record in this category ... I have basically 3 months to complete the work to my 67 Camaro to run my first HRPT this year.

I am starting with a good running and driving car;

Gen. 1 355 SBC Dual Plane intake, 750 DP and full MSD ignition
      Change out M21 Muncie for a new T56 Magnum 6 speed
      Change out rear end Posi 12 bolt with 4.56 gears for 3.55 gears ( I will out source this job )
      Note, I will still take out rear end and take to my guy for gear switch
      Swap original gas tank for new Tanks Inc. tank with notched corners, 255 Walbro pump and install new fuel send and return line
      Swap all trim brakes for new 4 wheel disc brakes from Master Power in Mooresville, NC
      Swap Holley 750 DP to Fitech Go 4 600 HP fuel Injection
      Install Vintage Air complete system, I removed the original equipment from car earlier this year
      No rust in the car at all, new quarters installed last year
      Needs seats recovered
      Install new windshield and back glass
      Install Stereo and speakers
      Carpet and Sound Matt to be installed
      Install new Autometer gauges
      Install 6AL Box and Coil under dash to clean up firewall

All the above NEEDS to be done in the next 3 months so I can do the tour. I know the car needs paint but will that will have to wait. I have a good friend that will help some of the weekends but its just me after work at night to complete the list. I know this is a lot but I guess some people need that carrot in front of them to complete the job.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm thinking we have you beat for the record. This is on a 71 C10
      The new short bed is still in boxes.
      The new front clip has been fitted but is back in boxes.
      The doors and cab were blasted and are now in epoxy.
      The metal work on the doors hasn't started.
      The metal replacement on the cab should be done this weekend.
      Body work the entire truck.
      It needs another coat of epoxy.
      Seam sealer applied.
      The entire truck needs Urethane primer.
      Then blocked.
      Then painted.
      Under coating.
      Sound deadener
      Carpet.
      Then re assembled including fuel lines, brake, lines, wiring, etc.

We do have a few extra days on you though as we live in the KC area. Good luck and I hope you see you on the tour.
      Last edited by sangell; March 8, 2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Engine is back in. Started to get hot so I changed thermostat, now a little cool. Car shakes and dies when you put it in gear. Gas tank is full. Filled it up right before I stopped driving it in June so gas is old. The engine was knocking so I replaced the crank and rods. I will check the voltage at the coil (HEI) and I need to put a ground strap on the back of the engine. Choke is working and alternator is charging.

Comment

• Well almost done with wiring. Fuel tank mounted and wired. Holley fuel all plumbed and wired. Got gauges mounted. And got rear suspension set up and ride height set.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            I like (and agree) with your definition of "NEED"
            Haven't really worked on the Bullet in two years... the exhaust parts and springs came in today... the rest of the strut parts are in transit from Cali, and the BMR control arms just got fabricated in Florida...Still working out some more of the "little" details...gotta get a few paychecks before we break down and by more parts...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• mines is pretty much ready to go but I'm switching back to a flex fan. the electrics just weren't doing the job when sitting in line. I'm also changing from a steel driveshaft to an aluminum one in hope to do away with some minor driveline vibrations. I need to change the turn signal switch in the column too before we leave.

Comment

• I need to take the cover off and put the antennae back on! Oh, I have to change the supercharger oil too..
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• The left turn signal doesn't cancel on mine but it's a minor inconvenience. Considering the car never gets driven.

Comment

• The exhaust is done(Thanks to AMeanXtreme)... Struts and assembly parts arrived today.... next to marry them to the new rear and original front springs... got shipping info on the BMR suspension arms last night,,,,have to still select a few bits....
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 10, 2017, 01:49 PM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Car made it out of the driveway for the first time in nine months. Still needs work though. Never done.

Comment

• It's looking more and more like the Fairlane will not be ready.
                        I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• I want to do the first stop with 71, come home and then do the rest with 08. How hard is it to switch cars during the trip? Arrowhead is the far side of KC/ MO instead of KS, but still only an hour or so from home, and I want to make at least one stop with el camino since I have failed three times already. Lets hope for cooler weather this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                            I want to do the first stop with 71, come home and then do the rest with 08. How hard is it to switch cars during the trip? Arrowhead is the far side of KC/ MO instead of KS, but still only an hour or so from home, and I want to make at least one stop with el camino since I have failed three times already. Lets hope for cooler weather this year.
                            I don't think it is all that hard. Some of use a clear plastic sign material (static cling) to mount our stickers on. If you can find me or Ed (or several others) I will give you a piece and explain it in more detail. We put the decals on the sign material and then can move them around on the windshield without damaging the decal. Should you do this you could put it on the 71 for Saturday and then switch it to the 08 for Sunday.
                            Last edited by cstmwgn; March 17, 2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Ok. Got motor, trans, rear end gear, exhaust and all the goods installed. Then, new caliper bleeder screws leaked. Then my temp AND Speedo took a dive. Ordered 2 new gauges. Temp gauge had a tiny broken sender wire. Old Speedo started jumping at idle. Only 2yrs old....hmmmmm. Then needed new ignition starter switch for lower steering column. It controls ALOT of electrical distribution. Car would crank sumtimes and other times, l turn the key and.....NOTHING....old switch housing was cracked....i couldnt figure it out until i started readsearching problem on the internet....Ordered new AC Delco switch for tilt column. Now just need to set timing 2morow and road test. Streets were too messy today. New motor sounds "HAPPY" ....STAY TUNED
                              69 SS

Comment

• Are you telling us to stay tuned or the motor? Sounds like good progress good job.
                                Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Working...
                                X