Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Very nice 502!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I loved the Tremec that I put in the '67. With 3.42's it ran dead on 70 mph at 2,000 RPM. Only problem that I had with it was finding a bell housing true enough to run with it. You will like it.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• I've already put a fresh engine and tranny in Emma, now she's off to the shop to get her bumpers redone. Next is the higher capacity AC evaporator in the dash and moving the seat back about 3" to make room for my legs......
          HRPT 2007, 2008, Long Haul 2009, 2010, 2011

The infamous Kid Cadillac is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Cadillac View Post
            I've already put a fresh engine and tranny in Emma, now she's off to the shop to get her bumpers redone. Next is the higher capacity AC evaporator in the dash and moving the seat back about 3" to make room for my legs......
            Looking good Alan!
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Rear coilover conversion done. Now to install new gas tank and lines.
              Last edited by 502ChevelleSS; February 19, 2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 502ChevelleSS View Post
                Rear coilover conversion done. Now to install new gas tank and lines.
                Thought about it but I am too cheap. Right after I changed my tank they announced the ones made for fuel injection pumps.

Comment

• Car is back together but there is an air leak where the choke plate used to sit on the intake. I think it fell off going down the road. Intake had a Qjet with a divorced choke. The numbers came back to a heavy truck. I switched to an edelbrock to save gas. TBI would be nice but $$

Comment

• The truck we are taking, this was as of one week ago. Its further along but not by much, we are still is the sheet metal replacement phase.

Comment

• My floor could use a couple patches. I think my thermostat is bad. Radiator reads 80 degrees with the engine running over 200. Got a new dipstick. Same length, but tube is two inches shorter. Old one barely registered with five quarts in it. I use a PH5 filter instead of the stock PH30 for the extra capacity.
                      Last edited by stu yoakam; February 24, 2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                        My floor could use a couple patches. I think my thermostat is bad. Radiator reads 80 degrees with the engine running over 200. Got a new dipstick. Same length, but tube is two inches shorter. Old one barely registered with five quarts in it. I use a PH5 filter instead of the stock PH30 for the extra capacity.
                        FRAM FILTERS ARE HORRIBLE...IMO...They clog up pretty bad
                        69 SS

Comment

• We might go back to the 'cuda this year. It just needs a carb kit and a good tune up.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Fuel tank in and plumbed. Ran braided lines front to back..Finished up new shifter, boot and handle. Now for the fun stuff. Gonna be in the garage all day tomorrow wiring car. After that's done off to get new stainless exhaust.

Comment

• Originally posted by A BAD SS View Post
                              Still waiting to get the powdercoated oil pan, calipers and crossmember back. NOTE TO U GUYS.....CALIPERS HAVE TO B TOTALLY DISASSEMBLED TO GET POWDERCOATED...Guy says they come out better that way...So, they all Shoe b done this week...THEN INSTALL
                              •Exhaust wrap on headers
                              •Engine
                              •Trans
                              •Radiator
                              •Polish Wheels while their off
                              •Install Calipers & Bleed brakes
                              •Measure, Cut and weld up X-pipe
                              •Adjust All 4 coil overs for comfort. Never touched adjustment knobs after installed YEARS AGO....I NO, I NO.......Watced how to on Utube
                              •Figure out why new TANKS EFI Gas tank flows Gas from vent hose when its full. THEN Sounds like a Pip can when cap is removed.
                              Set up FAST EZ EFI.... AGAIN...With new Tune
                              •Road test
                              •Bring home from Shop
                              •Park in Garage
                              •Wait for warmer weather to get it out and check it...
                              Exhaust wrap installed-Looks Cute
                              Engine, trans, radiator installed.
                              X-pipe and exhaust installed--Sounds Wicked
                              Calipers installed-They look Nice, but New Bleeder screws are leaking
                              New Clutch disc just arrived....WTH....
                              NOW TRANS HAS 2 B REMOVED-
                              Wheels polished
                              Figure out gas tank vent tube dilemma
                              I anticipate to be rolling by next weekend...
                              WISH ME LUCK
                              Last edited by A BAD SS; February 26, 2017, 02:19 AM. Reason: Spelling error
                              69 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by A BAD SS View Post

Exhaust wrap installed-Looks Cute
                                Engine, trans, radiator installed.
                                X-pipe and exhaust installed--Sounds Wicked
                                Calipers installed-They look Nice, but New Bleeder screws are leaking
                                New Clutch disc just arrived....WTH....
                                NOW TRANS HAS 2 B REMOVED-
                                Wheels polished
                                Figure out gas tank vent tube dilemma
                                I anticipate to be rolling by next weekend...
                                WISH ME LUCK
                                Good luck!!!!
                                Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Working...
                                X