Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting to get the powdercoated oil pan, calipers and crossmember back. NOTE TO U GUYS.....CALIPERS HAVE TO B TOTALLY DISASSEMBLED TO GET POWDERCOATED...Guy says they come out better that way...So, they all Shoe b done this week...THEN INSTALL
    •Exhaust wrap on headers
    •Engine
    •Trans
    •Radiator
    •Polish Wheels while their off
    •Install Calipers & Bleed brakes
    •Measure, Cut and weld up X-pipe
    •Adjust All 4 coil overs for comfort. Never touched adjustment knobs after installed YEARS AGO....I NO, I NO.......Watced how to on Utube
    •Figure out why new TANKS EFI Gas tank flows Gas from vent hose when its full. THEN Sounds like a Pip can when cap is removed.
    Set up FAST EZ EFI.... AGAIN...With new Tune
    •Road test
    •Bring home from Shop
    •Park in Garage
    •Wait for warmer weather to get it out and check it...
    69 SS

Comment

• Last year was to hot with ac.
      I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• You just have to keep cool thoughts we've been running HRPT since 07 with no A/C. Yeah cool thoughts and alot of water!!!!
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• I won't be able to make the tour this year, (but with the anticipated stop point, plan to attend 2018!) but something that has plagued my 65 Mustang the past 3 years on the tour is running hot with the A/C on, especially in traffic, but last year it was so God awful hot the whole 7 days the car ran warm the whole trip even with the A/C off. I'm saying goodbye to the factory 16" wide radiator and dropping in a 1969 Mustang 3 row 24" radiator.

It arrived yesterday. I have a few things I'm doing around the garage, but plan to start on the swap around March. The battery tray has to be replaced and the core support cut up. I hope I can do it without unhooking or damaging my A/C.
          Last edited by Jesse James 80; January 17, 2017, 07:18 AM.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
            I won't be able to make the tour this year, (but with the anticipated stop point, plan to attend 2018!) but something that has plagued my 65 Mustang the past 3 years on the tour is running hot with the A/C on, especially in traffic, but last year it was so God awful hot the whole 7 days the car ran warm the whole trip even with the A/C off. I'm saying goodbye to the factory 16" wide radiator and dropping in a 1969 Mustang 3 row 24" radiator.

It arrived yesterday. I have a few things I'm doing around the garage, but plan to start on the swap around March. The battery tray has to be replaced and the core support cut up. I hope I can do it without unhooking or damaging my A/C.
            Hey JJ80, lm sure that new radiator and fan will help out alot. Also, have U replaced ur heater core and thermostat? That can also relieve a few degrees.. Stay Cool...
            Last edited by A BAD SS; January 17, 2017, 11:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
            69 SS

Comment

• The heater core is part of the vintage air system and new. T-stat has been replaced a couple times, trying both 180 & 190*. My vintage air condenser that sits in front of the radiator is +/-22" wide... my current radiator is 17" wide... the math just doesn't work out... I swear the motor holds more coolant than the radiator...
              Last edited by Jesse James 80; January 17, 2017, 12:53 PM.
              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• Calipers, Crossmember and oil pan dropped off. Now the reassembly begins. Engine going back in on Monday.
                QUESTION? I BOUGHT PEAK 6 GALLONS OF 50/50 ANTIFREEZE. SHOULD I B USING FULL STRENGTH?
                69 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by A BAD SS View Post
                  Calipers, Crossmember and oil pan dropped off. Now the reassembly begins. Engine going back in on Monday.
                  QUESTION? I BOUGHT PEAK 6 GALLONS OF 50/50 ANTIFREEZE. SHOULD I B USING FULL STRENGTH?
                  50/50 - It is designed to work that way. Sounds like you bought the pre-mixed stuff so you should be good.
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

50/50 - It is designed to work that way. Sounds like you bought the pre-mixed stuff so you should be good.
                    74NovaMan.....Thanks...
                    69 SS

Comment

• I use full strength and mix 70/30 mix takes boil point to 258 not that I ever get that hot just added pertection. Just my opinion!
                      Last edited by pintoboy77; January 18, 2017, 03:18 PM.
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                        I use full strength and mix 70/30 mix takes boil point to 258 not that I ever get that hot just added pertection. Just my opinion!
                        Thanks Pinto...wow. That's hot....l APPRECIATE it....
                        69 SS

Comment

• Engine is in, trans is in and hooked up. Need to run fuel lines, brake lines and trans cooler lines and the list goes on and on.
                          I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

• My car has a big block radiator from a 68 chevelle. If you can afford it, an aluminum unit will cool better and maybe fit without cutting the car up. I had to rewire the alternator when I put the engine back in (broke some wires) and noticed I didn't splice the wires cut from the old regulator. Surprised it still worked. I need to hook up the exhaust to the headers, plug the firewall holes and insulate the interior. Also find out why the blower motor doesn't work. I tested it while replacing the heater core. Back glass needs re glued. Thought about replacing with "plastic" and somehow holding it in with screws or making it open like a sunroof for ventilation. Floor vents and wing windows are great when moving, not so much when stopped. Need to put on "new" doors and they have seals and old tint. Noise was bad in '12 with no seals, window rubber or sound deadening on floors.

Comment

• Well got my new holley efi tank put together. Sniper carb bolted on. Gonna start running fuel lines tomorrow. Coil over kit showed up Friday, so that will be next.

Comment

Working...
                                X