Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to feeling frisky and changed the torque converter from 1400 stall OEM to 2200 stall. It was a dog off the line. Pulled pan and changed the filter. Found rubber fuel lines started cracking so off to the local speed shop for fragola braded lines. I'm getting to old to be flopping around on the floor. That took the frisky right out of me. Going to be a 2 Aleve kinda night.
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• Originally posted by mike327 View Post
      Got to feeling frisky and changed the torque converter from 1400 stall OEM to 2200 stall. It was a dog off the line. Pulled pan and changed the filter. Found rubber fuel lines started cracking so off to the local speed shop for fragola braded lines. I'm getting to old to be flopping around on the floor. That took the frisky right out of me. Going to be a 2 Aleve kinda night.
      ​You will like the 2200 converter. That is what is in the '68 Camaro convertible with the 200 4R. I put a 2200 from a '95 S15 GMC in the "66 Chevy II wagon with a 700 R4 and it also worked out great.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Finally got the long fuel line ordered for the Camaro this morning. After three calls & two "out of stock" responses I finally got the last one that Inline Tube had on the shelf. Everyone had plain steel but I wanted stainless steel. They are in Michigan so it should be here by Friday so I can get it done this weekend. Also need to repair one of the mounts before then. It is starting to break loose from the bottom of the trunk floor.
        Last edited by 67 Malibu; May 15, 2017, 08:38 PM.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• The Cutlass should have it's last road test this week and then be cleared to drive. We plan on taking it to a wedding this weekend to get some miles on it.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Got my TBI kit yesterday so of course it's 87 degrees outside. Where my car is. It says you need a vise to assemble the push lock hoses. I don't have a vise or a grinder or a bench to mount them on.

Comment

• Made a little road trip after changing the torque converter and upgrading fuel lines. All I can say is WOW! What a difference between 1400 stall to 2200 stall. I had been having some running issues with the Terminator fuel injection during launch. It had a terrible bog and sputter, never could tune it out. I have been fairly vocal about the throttle body fuel injection not being what they advertise. I might have to eat a little crow. After changing the converter the bog is gone and has made a profound difference in the manners of the truck. Jack you were right I do like the 2200 converter. Think ima gonna need extra tires for the power tour margret!

Just to be fair I was told by two people, one a tuner and the other a racer, to change the converter and my problem would be solved. I also was told by no less than a dozen people it was everything from the fuel pump to spark plugs.

Comment

• The great thing about these 2200 converters is they can be bought at your chain parts store. For the 700 R4 ask for a converter for a '95 S-15 pickup with a 4.3 V-6 and for the 200 4R, ask for one for an '86 SS Monte Carlo. Rock Auto has good specs on them on their web site.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Had to remove the water neck to install temp probe in intake. Bought a different one and now have to modify or replace top hose to fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                    Had to remove the water neck to install temp probe in intake. Bought a different one and now have to modify or replace top hose to fit.
                    Sometimes it seems never ending, kind of like dominos falling.

Comment

• After reinspecting the gas tank mounts I decided that they both need some R&R. Trailering it to my cousins shop Friday night to fix it right. But that sets me back another couple of days.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• I get to go to the dentist on the 9th for three fillings and a crown. Dodging bad weather for the next week or so. Have to help someone move by the first.

Comment

• Just payed the fees on my fees to get my "free" shirt that won't fit or last and MTOD that I don't care that much about.

Comment

• I believe I'm done with all I'm going to do to the truck. I will clean and shine a couple days before I leave out. Already have everything but cloths packed up. Now I can start back working on the Fairlane for next year.

Comment

• Any electrical guru's in here? I installed a new headlight switch and now my right turn signal is lit on my dash? All bulbs are good. If I put old switch in light goes out,, Also with both switches my blinkers blink fast? Any advise or help would be appreciated.

​'

Comment

• The fast blinker problem might be a bad flasher.
                                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                                X