I live for the Power Tour !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live for the Power Tour !

I love the Power Tour... It's the escape EVERY hotrodder needs from the stress of everyday life.
    My first tour was 2010... And I've been addicted ever since. Each year its like a family reunion... Simply amazing.

Unfortunatly a few weeks ago, some idiot hit my Grand National and totalled it. It was my first hot rod... And I feel like I've lost a child. So many great memories in that car. BUT... That will not hold me back.. I WILL be riding again this year....one way or another. I will not let some idiots bad judgement keep me from what I love.

I could have died.... So I can truely say.. I live for the Power Tour.

I'm still waiting for the process to get my check.. but once I do... I will buy another GN and see my extended family on the tour.

Anyone that says it costs too much... You are wrong .. well except gas. My first tour I shared $55 a night hotel rooms with two others. They weren't five star places... But we had a great time !

I hope that every hotrodder gets to experience the tour at least once in their lives. The roads are fun to drive and the people are amazing.

If you go, stop by the PILOT TRANSPORT vendor rig and say hi... I will be rollin with those great guys !

Glad to hear your OK shame about the car,but cars can be replaced. Take Care Good Luck with the new ride.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Glad you're ok and we'll see you on the Tour! I think you may have offered to help me change a flat tire on the 2010 PT.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Great to hear your OK, my first PT was last year and like you I'm hooked. If I ever miss one in the future it's because I'm dead! I'll be looking for you this year, be safe but be fast!
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I haven't checked turbobuick.com, are you buying the totaled car back to part out?
          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

GN, I'm glad you are OK also. And it was great to see you on the tour wiping down that GN in high heels.. Let us know what you will drive and we will all say hi..
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

agreed.....whenever you get something rolling, post up....and "let's roll!"..... rexdogg!

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                I haven't checked turbobuick.com, are you buying the totaled car back to part out?
                Yeah, my baby is back home... Im thinkin pretty hard about selling body/interior parts and keeping guts for a Roadster.
                Will have stuff in the for sale buick for sale section soon.

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                GN, I'm glad you are OK also. And it was great to see you on the tour wiping down that GN in high heels.. Let us know what you will drive and we will all say hi..
                Thanks, better each day.... LOL... yeah, thats what I get for not fixing my wiper motor before the tour.... this year will be different... except for the heels =) Gotta sport the heels ! I have another GN coming from CT at the end of April... so I will be rollin again this year.

Comment

Glad to hear your all right GNGAL.... Tell us a little about your new GN....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Please post pics when you get the new GN!

Linda

Comment

one of the most fun things you can do on power tour, is throw a party for your fellow power tour buddies (see other thread) when they come to town

DTB and I did it last year and it turned out great we had a blast

i think you need to throw a party at your place when we are in st. louis (hint hint)
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I am fairly sure I talked to you at the hot dog joint in IN last year (not many GN driving girls) anyway I Thought/think it is cool that you go and it is your car not riding shotgun so anyway glad your ok and making it again this year

Comment

Glad to hear that you are OK and we agree with Bruce. It looks like it is your turn to throw a party. The party he hosted last year was superb!!!
                          Jim & Maureen
                          There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                          HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                            one of the most fun things you can do on power tour, is throw a party for your fellow power tour buddies (see other thread) when they come to town

DTB and I did it last year and it turned out great we had a blast

i think you need to throw a party at your place when we are in st. louis (hint hint)
                            That Party at your place was a blast Bruce..... Ditto on your suggestion....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                            1966 Plymouth Fury III
                            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                            X