Debate about going this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys.
    Last year...I had reasons for going last year despite my better judgement {and finances}.

Not ruled out the first part of powertour yet, but finances this year are pretty well wrecked right now. Which is part of the reason I'm a bit on the clinically depressed side. That, and with Mel not being able to go again this year...just not helping the cause.

We'll see, I'm not down for the count yet. Just been in a bad funk as of late guys...but the good news is...Mel and I are doing so much better than in the last couple years of being together...life is freaking great for us, just with the bank account didn't look like a train wreck right now.

Will see how things go. Scott, got your PM, need to get back with you about hotels.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Andrew as we talked shoot small 1 or 2 stops close to home, and then shoot bigger if things get better...but your peace of mind, family, and welfare are the most important.
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

I'm trying my best to actually make this year's leg from Stillwater to DFW. I certainly hope you're able to make it down that way but if not, I've been following over on GTS.org and do understand. There will be other years that aren't as tough to make work. One of these years I'll go long haul and bring the wifey. That will be one of the years AFTER I get the AC up and going.
        Alan Moore - Wichita Falls, TX
        1976 Gran Torino 351C - Four Door Whore

Comment

I'm with you dude, your girl sounds like FSK, and I wouldn't trade her for a speckled pup.

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          a) Hooters. Stop going. Save your lunch money for gas.
          b) Mel... call her in sick that week if they can't see giving her off. Something horribly contagious.
          c) ignore bad advice about b) if it is going to cause problems

I'd bum hard if I couldn't take my girl. I have never normally had a girl that would do this sort of crap. The one I have now would, and I'd rather keep her than go if that's what it took to keep her.

Gas is cheap, Glory is forever.
          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Yeah, Mel is a keeper

I was talking with my buddy, and he asked even if Mel comes along, about coming with LOL Nothing like a party.
            Causes some issue with the hotels now of course, but will figure something out.

Had the GTS in for an alignment, found out the steering box on it is probably due for a rebuild. Debated things, and told it's no the worst shape, but it's getting worn out.

Time to start looking for the mystical magical 3 turn lock to lock police box I have *sigh*
            {90% of all Torinos have a lethargic 4 turn lock to lock box}.
            Unless anyone knows where a 1971 Boss mustang is sitting...with a SPAT id tag on the box that I can snag for a rebuild...
            Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I had a steering box for our '71 Challenger rebuilt at Catco in Mankato, MN last year. It turned out great and was only around $140.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

On the box, it's got some play, but I was told it's not at a dangerous point yet.
                Just the whole car will sidestep if it's a severe bump occasionally.

Been talking back and forth with Scott on this. Debating about things.
                Was thinking just going to Miami and Stillwater but *shrug* I don't know.

I'm leaning back to northern stops.

More to follow.
                Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                  On the box, it's got some play, but I was told it's not at a dangerous point yet.
                  Just the whole car will sidestep if it's a severe bump occasionally.
                  So the rag joint is in good shape and the adjustment screw maxed out?
                  On my POS truck the OEM reseal kit comes with a bushing that is meant to tighten that up a little.

Comment

Guys...I meant to post on BS, but had a lot to deal with as of late.
                    Posted on Facebook a few days back, but I am officially out this year. Too much to deal with and not going to happen and best if I drop out now.
                    Mel and I will be sitting much better come next year, just have stuff that take higher priority right now and can't afford Powertour as things sit this year.

Safe travels for all.
                    Andrew & Mel
                    Andrew

Comment

The tour seems to be slowly moving west so we'll most defiantly be doing it next year and will have a chase vehicle with a 24' car hauler available to all.
                      We'll distribute our cell # in case anyone breaks down ya won't be stuck any place, nor stuck with an $$$ tow bill.

Comment

We were actually talking it would be neat to do a powertour out west, but I think the driving distances become a major issue.
                        I was reading some stuff on Car Craft's Anti-tour and I think it would be a blast to just head west in the Torino and show up randomly to that event one of these years.
                        Andrew

Comment

I don't think the driving distances would be to much if the tour went out West... And we'll miss you both,Andrew and Mel, this year..
                          Last edited by street72; April 23, 2012, 09:19 AM.
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

X2^^^^^^
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Man, we're dropping out like flies..... This sucks!!!
                              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                              - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                                Man, we're dropping out like flies..... This sucks!!!
                                Bucky,

Seems like you might be a 'trend setter'
                                sigpic
                                Once you've gone Rat, you'll never go back
                                468 BBC
                                Long Hauler 2011, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X