Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pintoboy77 Torino Project (Lost in a restoration black hole)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintoboy77 Torino Project (Lost in a restoration black hole)

I thaught I would try and figure out how to start a thread for my project car.
    This is my 1971 Ford Torino 500 I have been working on it for awhile now not steadily but just the same.

I have done other things to the car that I have not kepted track of like I wanted sometimes I do things and afterwards I think I should have taken pictures. Maybe with this tread I will do a better job of it. Thanks for looking. Greg
    Last edited by pintoboy77; January 4, 2012, 06:56 PM.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Looks good Greg. So when do we see it on PT?
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Very good Greg!!! But my offer still stands...........give ya $500.00 for it and haul it away for free.
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Looking good Greg......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
          That's what I was thinking as well.

Denise
          2006 HRPT LH
          2007 HRPT LH
          2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Looking good Greg...I know that there is a project car section on BS, but I am glad you chose to post it here. Thanks
            Last edited by redragtop; January 2, 2012, 05:57 AM.
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Grreg, It's nice to see your progess! Should be a sweet ride when you get done! Looks like you, too, could use more shop space, hence the previous posts regarding building permits, etc. Hope you don't need to use that snow blower for awhile!
              Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Gregg and Deb Miller
              Verona, Wi.

Comment

nice work!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  X2^^^^^^^^
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I like seeing them big Fords put back on the road.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Thanks for the interest everybody as for power tour it may not happen this year,but we are now shooting for 2013. Yes Gregg I do need more space at the house I do have alot of space at my shop,but if I have to drive to work on something I have to much time to talk myself out of it. Bruce even though it is not popular I too am a big fan of the Ford,but I don't consider myself a Ford man I like all brands,but then again I only seem to buy Fords Hmm. Matt I think I will hang on to it a little longer and keep working on it to give myself something to do.(hang on to that $500.00 you just never know)HaHa

I did go buy me a new toy for the project today. Man these things are great.
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Neat car, but as you have found out, that gen of Torino / Montego are very bad for the rusties! A friend used to have a 71 Cyclone GT, when it sat unused for a few years we watched it return to its base elements.

Looks like you're doing it right, the finished product should be worth it!

BTW good looking little Pinto you have there. I used to have a 79 years ago, and in the early 80s my brother had a Pro-Streeted 76 wagon with a sprayed 289.

cheers
                        Ed N.
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                          Neat car, but as you have found out, that gen of Torino / Montego are very bad for the rusties! A friend used to have a 71 Cyclone GT, when it sat unused for a few years we watched it return to its base elements.

Looks like you're doing it right, the finished product should be worth it!

BTW good looking little Pinto you have there. I used to have a 79 years ago, and in the early 80s my brother had a Pro-Streeted 76 wagon with a sprayed 289.

cheers
                          Ed N.
                          Thanks Ed thats a real nice project you've got going you just got to love them Mustangs and that one looks real solid.

Comment

Yup, for $1000 as a roller I couldn't pass it up ... you don't often see them that solid in this neck of the woods. When I slid under it the first time I thought "sheesh, this thing is as clean as my 87 was 20 years ago!". LOL

cheers
                            Ed
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Next two problem areas in motor box.

Grease fitting over kill.

Old owner cut out a peice of frame for another project.

Tackle these two and keep on moving backwards till I see tail lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X