No announcement yet.

Spring Break NMCA Bradenton, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gonna miss it! will be in fla. the week before!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      As I stated before, there are a number of hotels that are right off of I75 at exit 220 (SR 64) which is the off ramp that you get off of to go to DeSoto Drag strip. Let me drive up there this weekend and get the list of hotels and eateries and I will get back to you. Bob's point was that there REALLY isn't much else to do out there (I75 & SR64) but sleep and maybe eat. If you want to check out other stuff you can drive to the beach in about 30 minutes (~20 miles). It is the Braden Street Cruisers car show weekend (parking lot deal) on Saturday. There most likely will be other local shows as well.
      not trying to put any pressure on you, but did you get a chance to do this yet?
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        not trying to put any pressure on you, but did you get a chance to do this yet?
        Sorry Bruce - I completely spaced it!

I will make some time to get up there in the next couple of days - maybe even tonight if work will behave.

Comment

OK, stay with me now. For those of you not from Florida the street names may be confusing - these are ALL with in drunk stumbling distance from each other so don't let all the street names confuse you.

66th Court East
          Confort Inn - by far the nicest of the immediate offerings
          Citgo

6th Ave East
          Motel 6
          Sunrise Inn (sort of like a Knight Inn - could be scary)
          Waffle House

67 Street Circle East
          Days Inn
          EconoLodge

Cracker Barrel
          Sonny's (barbecue)
          McDonalds

Within a couple of blocks

Directly across SR64
          Burger King
          Long John Silvers
          Kentucky Fried Chicken
          Wendys
          Car Wash

a block or so west
          Shell / Circle K
          Friendlys (family styled)
          Car wash
          Subway

another block west
          Speedway
          WalMart

================================================== =======================

Now I have one guest bedroom with a King bed, 3 couches and 2 love seats (for you shorter folks!) I do have to work on Thursday and Friday which means the living room (1 couch and 1 love seat along with my office) will need to be somewhat quite/normal as I often am on the phone. SR64 is about 5 miles from my house at exit 220 of I75.
          Last edited by cstmwgn; December 13, 2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the offer for the floor Allen, I like to stay somewhere that my obnoxious snoring wont offend anyone.
            Just reading some hotel reviews, seems like there is an Econolodge with great reviews at the I75 - SR64. Looks like the HIE and Comfort Inn had poor reviews. I understand that most satisfied customers dont comment and these hotels may be just fine. What do you guys think?
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I would love to do this, but I dont see anyway I can. You all have a blast and be safe!
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                Thanks for the offer for the floor Allen, I like to stay somewhere that my obnoxious snoring wont offend anyone.
                Just reading some hotel reviews, seems like there is an Econolodge with great reviews at the I75 - SR64. Looks like the HIE and Comfort Inn had poor reviews. I understand that most satisfied customers dont comment and these hotels may be just fine. What do you guys think?
                The Econolodge looked newer - I didn't drive the parking lot looking for working girls or low lifes so I can be sure. I didn't see a Holiday Inn but from where it is on their map - I could have been the new building with absolutely no signage with a banner strung across the front saying "now open". It is either BRAND NEW or has had a major facelift on the exterior.
                Last edited by cstmwgn; December 14, 2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I was looking around on google for hotels motels Bradenton FL.
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

i'm going to shoot over sat morning and head right to the track to enter the car show, then watch the racing. at nite, we'll head over to allens for bbq. in the morning, it's back to the show and racing, then at the end of the day, i'll head home. if allen doesn't mind, i'm happy with one of the couches. so, what ever hotel choice everyone wants to make is ok with me. let me know if plans are differant for sat/sun.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

OK, I went back by there today. The building that has no signage was the old Holiday Inn Express that is being remodeled into a Best Western Plus. There was lots of work going on inside but I don't know if it will be done by March or not. The Econolodge parking lot was OLD so while the building looked well maintained I don't believe it was a new motel. The Comfort Inn looked OK from the outside but if the reviews aren't good then I am not sure what to say. I didn't see any low lifes at any of the properties but I didn't cruise the Motel 6 (although I have stayed there before) or the Sunrise.

There are nicer properties farther away for those of you that have queasy stomachs!
                      Last edited by cstmwgn; December 17, 2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Allen, am I to understand that I am looking in the wrong neighborhood? Just point us in the right direction.......

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                          Allen, am I to understand that I am looking in the wrong neighborhood? Just point us in the right direction.......
                          I don't believe so - I just wanted to check out the one property that I wasn't sure about.

I75 exit 220 (SR64) northwest side of the intersection is where all those hotels are. I agree that the Econolodge looks OK. The Days Inn might be OK but I didn't look at is as close. The Comfort Inn didn't look bad from the outside but you said you saw so bad reviews. I think these hotels will be fine - they aren't HIE / Hampton Inn / Marriott level. If you want to stay at a new Hampton Inn, then look at I75 exit 213 (University Ave). There are also a couple of new hotels at my exit (217). Then of course if you want to stay closer to the water then perhaps Bob can help more as I don't know much about the hotels on the waterfront.

Comment

did i stay at a motel near your house on rte 70?

New Orleans
                            Last edited by 1956NY150; December 23, 2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                              where did i stay?
                              Country Inn & Suites
                              5610 Manor Hill Lane
                              Bradenton, FL 34203
                              (941) 363-4000
                              (This is close to my house - not the water/bay)

And there is another property on the northeast corner of I75 and SR70 that could be nice
                              Windgate by Wyndham - Lakewood Ranch
                              5464 Lena Road
                              Bradenton
                              (800) 993-7232
                              Last edited by cstmwgn; December 23, 2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

that was kind of just off highway and in trees a little?
                                whats the name of property number 2
                                places to eat nearby?
                                shouldn't u be working?

let the Horses Eat

+- $130 night
                                Last edited by 1956NY150; December 23, 2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X