X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moog VS Raybestos (suspension parts)

king pins and tierod ends in specific

I have heard some bad reviews of Moog products lately
    I typically think of Raybestos for friction related products (brake pads, shoes, clutch plates, ...). I would be surprised if Raybestos actually makes these suspension parts - any idea who the actual manufacture might be?

Moog has always been top shelf, their problem solver ball joints and tie rod ends are the stuff I use. Otherwise to save some money I use McQuay Morris suspension parts. I am unaware of bad reviews for moog, can you share more information on this?
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
      Moog has always been top shelf, their problem solver ball joints and tie rod ends are the stuff I use. Otherwise to save some money I use McQuay Morris suspension parts. I am unaware of bad reviews for moog, can you share more information on this?
      Morning George

It is mostly internet blather - claiming that Moog recently off-shored their manufacturing and that the quailty has gone down drastically as a result.

Comment

in the last year i used moog on 3 cars and it all seemed like good stuff. the parts for my duster were all made here.

Comment

moog has sent stuff overseas, but the parts you are gonna use, not so much, it was mostly the fast movers, that they'll make money on, by sheer volume..
          national bearings (hub assembles) are now moog,, not sure if the seals will be part of that move..
          easiest way is get the moog in hand open box ,if it says china, then hand it back and try trw,

Comment

when i did the ball joints on the lemans this summer, the uppers where slightly different from the ones i had put in previously. moog before, only 3 years old and where getting rather weak already. the new joints had slighly bigger bolts and i had to drill my control arms. seemed actually to be a better product that what i had in there. went to an ac delco class shortly after and they had a moog and a delco ball joint apart and the delco seemed to be made even better than the moog. still seems to be an ok product, but not the best out there by far. i figured for the lifetime warranty that you get with them at oreilly and no more miles than i put on the lemans in a year, if i have to replace them every 5 years or so who cares.

Comment

Come to think of it, I did ball joints on a Hyundia Santa Fe and the Moog parts said made in Japan. I was surprised at the time but chalked it up to them buying off Hyundai, I will keep a close eye on what's in the box.
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Working...
              X