Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini Tour to Power Tour from Florida

Originally posted by MIKEE
    PIG GUY, jujst messin' w/ ya. were you on 05 tour? someone had one of those grills....
    some guys had one made to look like you open the hood and grill was underneath.... injectors and all on hood.
    you long haulin' this year? or what?
    I was on the last three legs of 05, but didn't cook like I did in 06. Wish I had something fancy but I just had a little homemade box I made 5 minutes before I left. I worked for 2 years, but now is used up!

As far as 08, if I can get the car done, right now it looks like a maybe. It is a long haul from FL, oh yeah I have other excuses too. None of which are very good, but where there is a will there is a way ! "Don't throw in the towel Mick"

Hope you get some return visitors this year.

DTB
    (Dave the Bartender)
    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by PigGuy
      Originally posted by MIKEE
      PIG GUY, jujst messin' w/ ya. were you on 05 tour? someone had one of those grills....
      some guys had one made to look like you open the hood and grill was underneath.... injectors and all on hood.
      you long haulin' this year? or what?
      I was on the last three legs of 05, but didn't cook like I did in 06. Wish I had something fancy but I just had a little homemade box I made 5 minutes before I left. I worked for 2 years, but now is used up!

As far as 08, if I can get the car done, right now it looks like a maybe. It is a long haul from FL, oh yeah I have other excuses too. None of which are very good, but where there is a will there is a way ! "Don't throw in the towel Mick"

Hope you get some return visitors this year.

DTB
      (Dave the Bartender)
      no, it wasn't anything fancy. it was better. it was unique. that "little homemade box" did it's job and fit the part. it also came with it's own set of special cooking tools. how many fun people did we meet because of that "little box" (ok, i'll give your personality some of the credit). it will always be a part of my hrpt stories. i hope you gave it a proper burial.

cobra
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Up in Mikee's neck of the woods it was cold, windy, and rainy, so we used the grill as a Smokey Joe. Filled it with charcoal, hit it with lighter fluid, and WOW what a flame. Kept about 15 of us from freezin our Southern hinies off. Someone said we were the only folks with a fireplace in our canopy. Grilled every Brat, burger, a dog that day. Turned out to be one of the best days of the tour ! Guess days like that is what keeps 1200 of us coming back every year?

BTW Got a new toolbox grill for this year, Oh, Oh, Oh ! I am thinkin backstrap wraped in bacon and bacon wraped Florida shrimp ! It has become more than just a Tour, it has become a Hot Rodders Reunion !

DTB

ps the old grill . . . it crashed and burned . . . and it STILL smelled like Brats, um ummm !
        DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Drool, droll, drool ......

;D

Comment

DTB,
            doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of interest at this time, in a mini tour, but harry and i'll be there. still not 100% sure when we can leave yet. i'm sure we'll let you know at the last minute.

i'll try for early may to see if i can get up there and give you a hand on the double 5.
            mr murphy has been my best buddy this week. thanks to him, it's only taken four hours to get the new carb on. don't ask....anyway, the 83' should be running this weekend.

how's everyone elses projects coming?
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
              DTB,
              doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of interest at this time, in a mini tour, but harry and i'll be there. still not 100% sure when we can leave yet. i'm sure we'll let you know at the last minute.

i'll try for early may to see if i can get up there and give you a hand on the double 5.
              mr murphy has been my best buddy this week. thanks to him, it's only taken four hours to get the new carb on. don't ask....anyway, the 83' should be running this weekend.

I've been slow to wander over here from Hot Rod's PT Forum. I've been talking to 2 guys there about meeting near Pensacola Friday AM , probably 7-7:30.
              LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

DTB,

Went to Charlotte's Auto Fest this weekend and caught up with some PT friends from 06 and 07. They all seem to have the same thought on the east coast, "we are getting our cars ready but not sure if we want to go or not?" Miles, gas, and various other things seems to be the thinking. Probably like me it will be a last minute decision. I picked up some of my dream parts, and with the gas I bought to get there, still saved $250. Shipping is expensive these days so I did good. Only about 9 hours of driving in each direction . . . speaking of mini tours?

So now I have most of the parts, I just need to get them installed in the next two months. It always seems to be thrash time around here. Okay Mini Tour group, I am going back in, ring the bell. "take that, you ain't so bad"

DTB
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by PigGuy
                  DTB,

Went to Charlotte's Auto Fest this weekend and caught up with some PT friends from 06 and 07. They all seem to have the same thought on the east coast, "we are getting our cars ready but not sure if we want to go or not?" Miles, gas, and various other things seems to be the thinking. Probably like me it will be a last minute decision. I picked up some of my dream parts, and with the gas I bought to get there, still saved $250. Shipping is expensive these days so I did good. Only about 9 hours of driving in each direction . . . speaking of mini tours?

So now I have most of the parts, I just need to get them installed in the next two months. It always seems to be thrash time around here. Okay Mini Tour group, I am going back in, ring the bell. "take that, you ain't so bad"

DTB

i'm in the fight still myself. the new carb fixed those problems, the new lifters didn't. i'm almost thinking that maybe i should stop screwing around and pull the motor and start over. only thing left i can think of is the cam is bad out of the box. the motor runs good, but makes alot of lifter/rocker type noise. i'll pull the valve cover one more time first and check the torque on the rockers. it's a ford 5.0, so there isn't any adjustments per say. murphy has been really f#$%ing with me these past two weeks.
                  keep you in touch.
                  cobra
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I'm committed !
                    Paid the $65 entry fee.
                    Now all I have to do is get the lights, blinkers, and wipers working.
                    So far, I'm only a daylight and sunshine tourer ...

:-[

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      I'm committed !
                      Paid the $65 entry fee.
                      Now all I have to do is get the lights, blinkers, and wipers working.
                      So far, I'm only a daylight and sunshine tourer ...

:-[
                      Rain-X!
                      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861
                        Rain-X!
                        Good idea, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                          Originally posted by george1861
                          Rain-X!
                          Good idea, thanks.
                          i should be committed also,that's what my family and freinds say.
                          as far as the power tour goes, i already paid the tab also. if i can't get the 83' running, i have the 88' mustang as backup. follow us and we'll light the way.
                          cobra
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

got the 83' running, but have a massive header leak. hope to fix it this week and run it to g-ville this weekend for a mini-mini tour. pinks allout is suppose to be there. could be interesting to see.
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Competitor or Spectator Cobra?

Got the rear in and the tranny and crossmember mocked up last weekend. It is moving right along . . . not G-ville right along, but moving. Good luck with you Mini, mini tour. If you make it up this way, do you want to do wiring or trim installation? Or hang out and drink Margaritas? Oh wait, your a motorhead not a parrothead ! My bad.

DTB
                              DTB - RETIRED

Comment

got the 83' running, but have a massive header leak. hope to fix it this week and run it to g-ville this weekend for a mini-mini tour. pinks allout is suppose to be there. could be interesting to see.
                                Hey, cool. Do you have any further information on Pinks All Out ?

8)

Comment

Working...
                                X