Mini Tour to Power Tour from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Tour to Power Tour from Florida

would anyone be interested in a mini tour to HRPT08? we'll be leaving Orlando area probably thur at around 6:00pm, trying to make tallahassee that nite. anyone wants to tag along or jump on board along the way, let me know and we'll hook up.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Re: Mini Tour to Power Tour from Florida

you could stop by and check out the Hot Rod 32 Roaster and the Disco Nova on the way.... I'm just north of Panama City in Enterprise AL... sorta on the way..

Keith Turk

Comment

cobra,

Are you planning on going to the Veterans Administration hospital in LR on Friday to give our heros a little car show with some of the other freaks?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        cobra,

Are you planning on going to the Veterans Administration hospital in LR on Friday to give our heros a little car show with some of the other freaks?
        the mini tour is a new idea and not alot has been discussed yet or planned so all is open. however, if we make tallahassee on thur nite, i don't think we'll make little rock before later afternoon. send me the info just the same and i'll see if it can be worked into our plans. thanks.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
          you could stop by and check out the Hot Rod 32 Roaster and the Disco Nova on the way.... I'm just north of Panama City in Enterprise AL... sorta on the way..

Keith Turk
          are you going to little rock? we can pick people up along the way. if not, we might be looking for things to do on the way, let me know what you have in mind. the mini tour thing just came to me yesterday, so everything is still up in the air and open.
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Cobra,
            If you are coming to Tallahassee, you are staying with me. Whether I have my car done and ready to go or not I have 3 extra rooms so I can house at least a half a dozen hot rodders. There are 4 extra beds and floor space too. What a great excuse for a cookout. When I have more space than the "toolbox grill" I can get more creative than your basic Brats. Are you the only one in your gang driving this year?

What car does it look like you are going to take this year? If your going to be a Road Capt. all the way to L.R. you might think about taking a fast one. I heard there is going to be a Cruisapalosa party before the tour this year. They gave away a ton of prizes last year and that grand prize I won from E-Brock wasn't too bad either! Maybe locals, Dave and Mary know.

Stay in touch,

DTB
            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by PigGuy
              Cobra,
              If you are coming to Tallahassee, you are staying with me. Whether I have my car done and ready to go or not I have 3 extra rooms so I can house at least a half a dozen hot rodders. There are 4 extra beds and floor space too. What a great excuse for a cookout. When I have more space than the "toolbox grill" I can get more creative than your basic Brats. Are you the only one in your gang driving this year?

What car does it look like you are going to take this year? If your going to be a Road Capt. all the way to L.R. you might think about taking a fast one. I heard there is going to be a Cruisapalosa party before the tour this year. They gave away a ton of prizes last year and that grand prize I won from E-Brock wasn't too bad either! Maybe locals, Dave and Mary know.

Stay in touch,

DTB
              cool.... like i said, everything is still in the planning stage and i don't know who we will have tagging along,if anyone. harry and i'll be in my 83 stang. one freind is going up north first, and another i haven't talked to yet. hopefully others will jump on as we travel along. other activities have been mentioned, so it's looking like it would be cool to maybe leave on wed morn. i'll keep you in touch. p.s. you WILL finish the double 5. if anyone out there knows about the cruisapalosa, let us know.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Hey, PIG GUY! NO SUCH THING AS A BASIC BRAT! :o

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                  Cobra,

Stay in touch,

DTB
                  cool.... like i said, everything is still in the planning stage and i don't know who we will have tagging along,if anyone. harry and i'll be in my 83 stang. one freind is going up north first, and another i haven't talked to yet. hopefully others will jump on as we travel along. other activities have been mentioned, so it's looking like it would be cool to maybe leave on wed morn. i'll keep you in touch. p.s. you WILL finish the double 5. if anyone out there knows about the cruisapalosa, let us know.
                  Cobra, Cheaps was organising the VA trip like last year. The details have not been ironed out, but thinking is to show up late morning on Friday, meet & greet the vets, then head over to the venue to get credentials, then back to the hotel to wash the car in the parking lot and start partyin'. There are also several other Fla Freaks talking about hooking up for the cruise to LR, but as usual, not much detail ironed out yet.

PigGuy, what a great offer to brother rodders. Start thrashing and you can pull out with the group on Friday morning !!

Comment

Mikee,
                    Heard about your Brat party last year from Joe, with the 49 ford. Sorry I didn't make it. I cooked Brats almost everyday on PT 07, off my tailgate, on my homemade toolbox grill. I think the guys got a little tired of um. (Basic to me is onions, peppers, and mushrooms) So I wanted them to know I can grill a bunch of good stuff on a big grill such as, drunk ass chicken, and shrimp kebobs ! That should get um to stop by.

WM,
                    I am thrashin, but I am only one man. But I am still in the fight ! "Cut me Mick !"

DTB
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

PIG GUY, jujst messin' w/ ya. were you on 05 tour? someone had one of those grills....
                      some guys had one made to look like you open the hood and grill was underneath.... injectors and all on hood.
                      you long haulin' this year? or what?

Comment

would anyone be interested in a mini tour to HRPT08? we'll be leaving Orlando area probably thur at around 6:00pm, trying to make tallahassee that nite. anyone wants to tag along or jump on board along the way, let me know and we'll hook up.
                        Way to early for me to commit to anything :-\
                        I am hoping to go this year - depends on car being out of the paint shop in time to get it back together.
                        If I do go, then it depends on IF my daughter wants to go which would mean we couldn't leave until noonish on Thursday. I was thinking of stopping around Pensacola Thursday night. If I go solo, then I would like to leave Wednesday afternoon or very early Thursday to try and make the Veteran's visit as I owe them a lot.

I doubt that I will know for sure what my plans are until mid May.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                          Way to early for me to commit to anything :-\
                          I am hoping to go this year - depends on car being out of the paint shop in time to get it back together.
                          If I do go, then it depends on IF my daughter wants to go which would mean we couldn't leave until noonish on Thursday. I was thinking of stopping around Pensacola Thursday night. If I go solo, then I would like to leave Wednesday afternoon or very early Thursday to try and make the Veteran's visit as I owe them a lot.

I doubt that I will know for sure what my plans are until mid May.
                          you'll find us pretty laid back and since this is an unofficial happening, you can join in if and as you wish. at this point, we are aiming to leave out of orlando area around noon on thur, to be in tallahassee area early evening. if the pig guy is willing to bbq, then i really don't want to miss that. he is quit the gracious host and i'm betting it will be a great party. unfortunatly, it's still a strong days drive to little rock from there, so making the veterans show on friday might be impossible. maybe someone can talk to them to do a saturaday morning show, then afternoon, head to power tour venue????? maybe everyone can keep in touch at this site and we'll see what pops up. from my past experiance in life, it seems that the events that come together at the last minute, seam to be the most fun.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                            Cobra,

Stay in touch,

DTB
                            Cobra, Cheaps was organising the VA trip like last year. The details have not been ironed out, but thinking is to show up late morning on Friday, meet & greet the vets, then head over to the venue to get credentials, then back to the hotel to wash the car in the parking lot and start partyin'. There are also several other Fla Freaks talking about hooking up for the cruise to LR, but as usual, not much detail ironed out yet.

PigGuy, what a great offer to brother rodders. Start thrashing and you can pull out with the group on Friday morning !!
                            see my other post of today. it would be great to paticipate in the veterans show. maybe you can get ahold of someone and see what they can do, as it's still in the planning stage. can you see if you can get the other fl freaks to check on to this site so we can keep it together? thanks.
                            hey pig guy....do you have a place for tents? ha.ha. sounds like i might have to make a weekend road trip. i don't know alot about double 5's, but it's an extra pair of hands. it will also give me a chance to wring out the 83'. maybe i can find a weekend in may?
                            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

How cool would that be to visit Mayberry? Hey we have paved roads and everything. Maybe come April 12th for the "famous" Annual Worm Gruntin Festival !

Seriously, let me check which weekend Larry and BillyBob are visiting on the way to Kansas for the big annual truck show. He took the 55 pickup to PA last year, which are Power Tours in my book. I have plenty of room for both of you, but I wouldn't want you to fight over the Mechanics Suite. Of course if I don't get the 55 done and spend some evenings with the wife . . . I may be sleeping in the Mechanics Suite !

I think a road trip is a good idea and there is always things to do on the car. I would make it early May because late May is like June and we all know what June means, "Power Tour Baby" !

DTB
                              DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                              X