• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attending an event just for freebies....I don' t
    understand the logic ?
    Surely you go for the event.....

Comment

For what it cost to go on power tour you could buy yourself a pretty nice gift.
      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
        Attending an event just for freebies....I don' t
        understand the logic ?
        Surely you go for the event.....
        If they didnt give out freebies why even pay to go. It is free for spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          Earl holds only what fits in the cab and the small trunk in the box.... just ask Ed...that wood's too good!
          Yep, and Earl always need a bath.

I followed Matt to Detroit, the HRPT starting point that year. We coupled the HRPT sign-in with the really big BangsShift gathering at Mike Copeland's shop in Brighton. It was raining. Poor Ed was stomping around, distracted, saying "Earl needs a bath, Earl needs a bath." Well, Earl was gettin' one alright! HAhahahahah!!!!!!!!!
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Maybe it is just late but exactly is the theory here? Why pay the LH registration fee to only go one or two days at the end?
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Camaro View Post
              Maybe it is just late but exactly is the theory here? Why pay the LH registration fee to only go one or two days at the end?
              ​That's what I'm thinking. If you do the multi-day and don't long haul, you only get a license plate and park with the participants. Save your money, drive the route, park with the spectators and buy a $10 license plate. On Friday, at KC, the T-Shirt people were selling Long Hauler signs from previous years (except last year) for $10 each.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I saw a small number of last years long hauler signs at one of the shirt trailers in KC.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Power Tour is about the drives thru the small towns and waving at the people along the route and hanging out with friends once a year. We don't go for the gift bags or the goodies. If you are only going for the swag then don't pay and park with the spectators. Though this year some stops were charging for spectator parking also. We usually toss the freebie hats to kids along the route. Their smiles and waves are worth much more than the hats we get to add to the collection at home.
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                    That is a bunch of crap, did they even get a power tour window sticker?
                    No, painless left after Newton. But I gave them my extra.
                    Last edited by 71Z-28; June 19, 2017, 12:55 PM.
                    Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

There will be a survey sent to your email, let them know what you liked and didn't like. They do read them, I complained and I'm sure others did also about the handicapped parking or lack of and over the last few years it has greatly improved. This is a huge event and things don't get always handled/informed correctly. We signed up for the sprint car race outside of Newton on the Sunday stop, they gave away a 100 pass's to the clubhouse to watch the race only problem was whoever set it up told them we would be there Saturday night! Two people showed up.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I did talk with a fellow in BG, who has a handicapped license, who, instead of parking in the handicapped area (aways out there), parked with the regular LH ers') on the grass at the airfield, which turned out to be a lot closer than he would have been in the handicapped area....and.....the signage at the early registration in KC was "non-existent"....meaning, I saw the Chiefs ticket office more than I saw the registration tent.......anyway......

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                          Power Tour is about the drives thru the small towns and waving at the people along the route and hanging out with friends once a year. We don't go for the gift bags or the goodies. If you are only going for the swag then don't pay and park with the spectators. Though this year some stops were charging for spectator parking also. We usually toss the freebie hats to kids along the route. Their smiles and waves are worth much more than the hats we get to add to the collection at home.
                          yeah, that!!
                          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                          Gregg and Deb Miller
                          Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                            Amen sister!!!
                            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Update: I got my gift bag and power tour sticker. So it was worth it after all

Comment

Working...
                              X