No announcement yet.

Route and Schedule have been released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready!!!! Love that they have it preloaded in google maps for us!
    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
      Day 3 has 6 construction zones on 74 between Bloomington and Champaign.

You can take US 150 from Bloomington all the way to Champaign if you like. 150 runs close to parallel all the way to Champaign. I-74s pretty boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
        Ugh. I hate that I'm not going this year. Oh well, it will be a good break and all the more reason to be excited about next year?

You and me both Jesse. I was alright with it until I saw the route and see the countdown on FB. Kind of weird to think but I think after next years tour I'll actually be solo depending on where Kobe ends up. That is going to be weird.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post

You and me both Jesse. I was alright with it until I saw the route and see the countdown on FB. Kind of weird to think but I think after next years tour I'll actually be solo depending on where Kobe ends up. That is going to be weird.
          Won't be totally alone but at some point I'll lose my navigator/ sometime driver Robert
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

where are the driving directions posted
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
              where are the driving directions posted
              First Page post #1 with google maps on post #5

You can click on either the schedule or the route and it will take you to the info
              Last edited by cstmwgn; May 13, 2017, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I might be wrong about this, but last year didn't the route include a stop at a sponsor or event about halfway through the day?
                2016 Corvette Stingray "Ariel"

Comment

Originally posted by edznova View Post
                  I might be wrong about this, but last year didn't the route include a stop at a sponsor or event about halfway through the day?
                  That is fairly common.
                  LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post

​Yeah, I was Ok with it too, but it looks like a good drive this year, so now I wish I was going!

I flogged Shelby for about 2 hours today as she'll be down for 2-3 weeks. I pulled the radiator to install the huge 24" one, and there's a good bit of fab work to make it look factory. When that's done, I have to pull it back out and pull the front of the motor apart, the front cover is dripping radiator fluid at the edges... since I'm going that far, it has been 20K miles, I might as well throw a new timing set on it as well. She should be totally ready to rock for next year, complete with no overheating and ice old air.
                    Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 13, 2017, 07:42 PM.
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by edznova View Post
                      I don't remember one last year but it was so friggin' hot my mind may have just turned south & forgot it already.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Camaro View Post

I don't remember one last year but it was so friggin' hot my mind may have just turned south & forgot it already.
                        I distinctly remember being in line right behind you........or was that in 2012?.....................
                        Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 13, 2017, 07:44 PM.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

... since I'm going that far, it has been 20K miles, I might as well throw a new timing set on it as well...
                          Since you are going to be right there - you should consider adding another 10* duration as well!

Comment

​Yeah, I was Ok with it too, but it looks like a good drive this year, so now I wish I was going!

I flogged Shelby for about 2 hours today as she'll be down for 2-3 weeks. I pulled the radiator to install the huge 24" one, and there's a good bit of fab work to make it look factory. When that's done, I have to pull it back out and pull the front of the motor apart, the front cover is dripping radiator fluid at the edges... since I'm going that far, it has been 20K miles, I might as well throw a new timing set on it as well. She should be totally ready to rock for next year, complete with no overheating and ice old air.
                            I had high hopes for just a bigger radiator and tint this year so we both stayed cool. And just like that, lost oil pressure, cam went flat and my 20yr old 18k engine was done. Hoping to see the engine later today because 27 days has me stressing.
                            HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
                              I had high hopes for just a bigger radiator and tint this year so we both stayed cool. And just like that, lost oil pressure, cam went flat and my 20yr old 18k engine was done. Hoping to see the engine later today because 27 days has me stressing.
                              It is getting close... I didn't finish the rear end rebuild on my car until about a week before the tour last year. I think I only had +/-100 miles on a fully rebuilt rear end/suspension when I took off for the +/-10 hour drive to Louisiana!

Something doesn't feel quite right if your not thrashing on something the week before
                              Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 14, 2017, 11:21 AM.
                              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by jvercellino View Post

You can take US 150 from Bloomington all the way to Champaign if you like. 150 runs close to parallel all the way to Champaign. I-74s pretty boring.
                                What is traffic like in Peoria and Bloomington on US 150? Thinking about staying on US 150 most of the way

Comment

Working...
                                X