No announcement yet.

Average speed on Power Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GPS said something similar. I figured it got air mailed or something. I got it used on ebay.(tomtom) I now use a Garmin that has lifetime updates and tells you what lane to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
      Average speed? LOL!!! Depends on the day. A Ohio State Trooper said I was doing 81 one day (he caught me on decel so I couldn't argue with him). Perry and I broke the century mark on a back road until a big slow down hit going thru a town. Interstate days it never touched 80 but the shadow on the speedo needle did. Last year my son drove on his drivers permit and the rest of the group were mindful of that. But, for the OP, just leave in enough time to make it to the venue by 6pm. If not, double stamp the next day. It's all good.
      Tattle tale!! It was a good way past the century mark when the Brembo's went into whoa mode! Didn't you get a love letter also in West Virginia right after Black Jack shamed those new 2014 Vette's?
      Last edited by corvettedad; April 14, 2017, 08:40 PM.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Just follow me and you'll be fine...............
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          Just follow me and you'll be fine...............
          Remind me to fill my nitrous bottle!!
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Well following Dave ant that big of a problem, it's getting up in the morning and leaving when he does! If he he say's 9am he means 8:50! He be gone!
            The first year I did it we ran 80-90 some days. Then other's we ran 60-70. It all depends on who, where and when! No matter the speed it's all fun. You want regret it no matter what you drive.

Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

All sounds great guys. Thanks
              1972 Ford Baja Bronco
              Long Hauled 2017

Comment

Main thing Andy is every day will be great
                Tons of fun and tons to see
                Welcome aboard !
                R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
                Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
                Real SH 2019

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Tattle tale!! It was a good way past the century mark when the Brembo's went into whoa mode! Didn't you get a love letter also in West Virginia right after Black Jack shamed those new 2014 Vette's?

No, that was in Ohio in '14. That was a great road but yep, we had to throw out the anchor unexpectedly. Kind of missed that small town celebration over the last couple years. It was almost like most towns didn't care of didn't know we were coming thru.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by andyp View Post
                    This will be my first Power Tour this year. My brother and I will be long hauling a 72 Bronco with an original dog tired 302 and 4:11 gears. So for us it's the "No Power" Tour.
                    It doesn't overheat (normally ) so slow speeds should not be a problem. More concerned about many miles of high winding with various potential leaky spots...
                    If you get up and leave when the rest of the tour leaves and drive how ever is comfortable for you and your ride, you will always find drivers to run with no matter what your speed. You won't be the only one running low gears.

Your 4.11 gears are going to put a major buzz on the old 302, but as I said drive how ever meets your situation. Good Luck!

Comment

and I wasn't speeding.......http://www.hotrod.com/articles/the-w...ures/#img-8978

Comment

Of course you weren't -
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                          I beg your pardon.....................of course I never speed until I get caught......which reminds me be CAREFULL traveling down I-40 in Mocksville NC......just saying
                          Last edited by Big Dave; May 21, 2017, 03:24 PM.
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by andyp
                            Testing loading a pic
                            It's not hard, just have to know where the pic is on your computer. Not all formats are compatible, and a larger picture is better. Might be a limit on size though. Not sure. I would hate to buy a new camera just because the bleeping memory cards are obsolete and you can't get the pictures onto the computer. Actually the card reader isn't functioning for some reason?

Comment

Andy, I moved your pic to the 2017 HRPT Pics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                                Andy, I moved your pic to the 2017 HRPT Pics thread.
                                👍
                                Got it
                                1972 Ford Baja Bronco
                                Long Hauled 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X