X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Why's everybody always picking on me"

Comment

Originally posted by andyp View Post
      Thanks guys, we will be enjoying the show from the right lane. Really looking forward to the tour.

As you heard from posts above, power tours are great. Good friends, awesome cars, help if you need it, and traveling at what ever speed you want. It's all good. Welcome aboard, it's gonna be a blast.
      R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
      Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
      Real SH 2019

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Having trouble pulling 4th gear so you were cruise in 3rd?
        Yes, I am a little down on power. Hopefully fix that next winter.

Comment

ed you are always rite behind alan as far as i can see

Comment

This year a guy was driving an original farm truck with a sign on it that max speed was something like 35-40. Most drive around or just above the speed limit, some drive like idiots.
            LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

I remember a '68 Olds 442 running with 4.56's in it and no overdrive. Sounded good!
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                ... Most drive around or just above the speed limit...
                IF that was only true - some idiots wouldn't have to drive the way they do.

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                  I remember a '68 Olds 442 running with 4.56's in it and no overdrive. Sounded good!
                  We had a guy join us for the first day or two in 2014, I think he had a 56 F100, but it had like a 390/4spd and like a 4:10 or 4.56 gear, we tried to let him keep up with us, but we ended up running below the speed limit quite a bit and finally, he told us he just couldn't keep up and to go on ahead, his truck didn't like going over 55 mph.
                  1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                  1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                  1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Saw a 65-7 Impala blue greenish with i'm guessing a tunnel ram sticking out of a cowl hood. He seemed to also have too much gear for the highway. Good looking car though.

Comment

Originally posted by w7s View Post
                      ed you are always rite behind alan as far as i can see
                      But most of the time Allen is as far ahead as I can see.............
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                        "Why's everybody always picking on me"
                        I wonder......Kind of like the fine print "Individual results may vary"
                        I'm waiting for my tendencies to come to light...She's called the bullet for a reason... I don't have to look for trouble...trouble usually knows right where i'm at...
                        Last edited by silver_bullet; April 11, 2017, 07:03 PM.
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Just leave early each morning. Last year I drove my 59 Mercury and drove slow and it was great, less gas, less wind, and a rolling car show passes you all morning long. Go for it!
                          Last edited by fuel to burn; April 11, 2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Andyp, I’ll offer an alternative suggestion, if you can install an overdrive (e.g., gear vendors) or swap the rear gears for ~ 3.00 to 1 between now and the start of the tour, you will be glad you did.
                            While I have no doubt that you will enjoy an experience like no other, it will be much more enjoyable if you don’t have to choose between driving slower than you’d like or not being able to talk to your brother due to spinning that tired motor at 70 mph.
                            The bottom line is that this is your vacation – do what will likely result in a fun, relaxing week
                            nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                              Andyp, I’ll offer an alternative suggestion, if you can install an overdrive (e.g., gear vendors) or swap the rear gears for ~ 3.00 to 1 between now and the start of the tour, you will be glad you did.
                              While I have no doubt that you will enjoy an experience like no other, it will be much more enjoyable if you don’t have to choose between driving slower than you’d like or not being able to talk to your brother due to spinning that tired motor at 70 mph.
                              The bottom line is that this is your vacation – do what will likely result in a fun, relaxing week
                              I was looking at the gear vendors website 5 minutes before I logged on here.
                              It's going to be awesome at any speed but going to check out some faster alternatives. Does drive shaft length matter?. Bronco is pretty short.
                              Last edited by andyp; April 12, 2017, 06:08 AM.
                              1972 Ford Baja Bronco
                              Long Hauled 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post

We had a guy join us for the first day or two in 2014, I think he had a 56 F100, but it had like a 390/4spd and like a 4:10 or 4.56 gear, we tried to let him keep up with us, but we ended up running below the speed limit quite a bit and finally, he told us he just couldn't keep up and to go on ahead, his truck didn't like going over 55 mph.
                                Sometimes it's hard to keep with Big Dave, I don't know how many times I lost you guys in traffic last year.
                                HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Working...
                                X