VA Carshow 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Well, so far it looks like we may visit a hospital like we did in Dallas a few years ago, or if they can find (like they should know already......) a long-term care facility of home they will let me know.
    As of now, here's all I have:

Tentative show at the KCVA, 4801 E. Linwood Blvd. Kansas City, Mo. 64128
    Friday, June 9, 12 to 3 PM.
    Interesting side note.......that morning they have their annual Cancer Survivors Day, from 8 to 1. He says there should be many survivors there, along with the media.

More to follow.........I hope.
    Ed is this still a go or have you heard back yet.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

That is the plan.
      They do have a cafeteria where we can have lunch.
      Parking looks like it's not an issue.
      We can bring stuff to pass out like we always have; magazines, popcorn, socks, etc.
      More details after I meet with the PR Director, sometime within our timeframe requirements.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Cool Thanks Ed.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Went to the KCVA Medical Center today and met with the Public Relations Director. Very nice man named Dwayne Rider. He introduced me to Monique Pena, who will help with our interactions with the vets while we are there.
          First, some directions:

Proceeding West on I70 from the venue, you will cross I435 and arrive at Exit 6/Van Brunt Blvd.

At the bottom of the hill, turn LEFT onto Van Brunt.

At the first stoplight, just short of McDonald’s, turn RIGHT on Linwood.

You will drive a short distance and reach another stoplight at the intersection of Linwood and 31st St. Drive straight through to stay on Linwood.

The road curves to the right and in about ¼ mile you will see the VA Center on your left. Make a LEFT at the sign.

Going up the hill you will come to a “Y”……..keep LEFT.

At the top of the hill, keep going straight and take the first available RIGHT between parking areas 2 and 3. If the construction barricades shown here are gone, you can turn RIGHT there and go down the hill,....... otherwise........turn RIGHT at the next opportunity.

Slightly down the hill you will see ramada 2H Purple and 2I Purple. Turn RIGHT/LEFT, depending on the removal of the barricades shown in the previous photo. Our spaces are in 2I, on the East end of the ramada.

this photo is taken looking back to the west.............

Looking at the Center, there are two main buildings: Freedom Hall, and Valor Hall. The most convenient restrooms are in Valor Hall, just to the left after entering. The Café and Cantina are in the basement, and there are plenty of folks to help direct you.

Any questions, let me know. Hope this is fairly clear.
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 16, 2017, 07:29 PM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Re: VA Carshow 2017
            May 16th, 2017, 07:52 PM
            Went to the KCVA Medical Center today and met with the Public Relations Director. Very nice man named Dwayne Rider. He introduced me to Monique Pena, who will help with our interactions with the vets while we are there.
            First, some directions:

Proceeding West on I70 from the venue, you will cross I435 and arrive at Exit 6/Van Brunt Blvd.

At the bottom of the hill, turn LEFT onto Van Brunt.

At the first stoplight, just short of McDonald’s, turn RIGHT on Linwood.

You will drive a short distance and reach another stoplight at the intersection of Linwood and 31st St. Drive straight through to stay on Linwood.

The road curves to the right and in about ¼ mile you will see the VA Center on your left. Make a LEFT at the sign.

Going up the hill you will come to a “Y”……..keep LEFT.

At the top of the hill, keep going straight and take the first available RIGHT between parking areas 2 and 3. If the construction barricades shown here are gone, you can turn RIGHT there and go down the hill,....... otherwise........turn RIGHT at the next opportunity.

Slightly down the hill you will see ramada 2H Purple and 2I Purple. Turn RIGHT/LEFT, depending on the removal of the barricades shown in the previous photo. Our spaces are in 2I, on the East end of the ramada.

this photo is taken looking back to the west............. (no photo here)

Looking at the Center, there are two main buildings: Freedom Hall, and Valor Hall. The most convenient restrooms are in Valor Hall, just to the left after entering. The Café and Cantina are in the basement, and there are plenty of folks to help direct you.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for the concise version Phil.
              Now to just get some more cars........they are holding 32 spaces for us so 20 to 25 cars would be great. They value their parking highly. Yesterday there must have been 500 cars parked at the Center........
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I thought it might be easier to print - thanks for doing this Ed -
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Planning on making it with active duty Navy MM Baughman.
                  I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    Thanks for the concise version Phil.
                    Now to just get some more cars........they are holding 32 spaces for us so 20 to 25 cars would be great. They value their parking highly. Yesterday there must have been 500 cars parked at the Center........
                    Know how you feel Ed from last year but I believe you will have a good turn out as I did. I'll have 4 cars from my area traveling up for this event.
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

we will do our very best to be there with Elke..........
                      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Thanks Dave, we can use all of 'em!

Hey Mike, that's great news! The Elky? New member of the family? Can't wait to see it.
                        Emailed you a copy of The List.
                        Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 17, 2017, 03:06 PM.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

We will definitely be there even though I am not going on power tour this year. I hope to meet up with as many bangshift as we can. Plus be there to honor our vets in the same fashion they have honored us. We love all the vets active and non-active . Thanks Ed again for all your effort in setting this up.

Comment

Can you confirm the address for GPS input sir ?
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

KCVA Medical Center
                              4801 E. Linwood
                              KCMO, 64128.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Sweet - Thanks !!
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X